All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Employee Referral Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location: 9100 W 74TH ST, Shawnee Mission, 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Establish, manage and grow patient focused care models in his/her areas of management. Assumes 24-hour operational responsibility for the effective implementation of the philosophy, goals, policiAes and procedures of the Hospital and their effect on patient care in all designated units. Responsible for the overall management and administration of the 17 hospital based ORs as well as Anesthesia. This includes hiring appropriate and adequate staff, planning, submitting annual budgets and accountable for operating within the approved budgets. The Surgery Director is accountable for ensuring that quality patient care is give to each patient 24 hours a day. Must be able to communicate with doctors, patients, staff, visitors, and other medical personnel. Must be able to function both independently and efficiently as a member of the hospital team.
Must have good interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to discuss, promote and explain programs, goals, policies and procedures with patients, employees, administrative staff, and medical staff. Must be of sound character and possess the highest ethical standards.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Develops an integrated unit plan that encompasses quality improvement initiatives, multidisciplinary coordination of care and regulatory readiness within the organization care delivery model.
· Effectively collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to ensure coordinated care.
· Provides support and structure utilizing performance improvement principles to implement quality initiatives.
· Keeps in step with current technology associated with area of responsibility.
· Enhances leadership and management skills of department managers.
· Assists managers in developing departmental business plans to fulfill Hospital goals.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Kansas Registered Nurse License
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
· Master’s degree in Health Administration or Business Administration
· Minimum of two years of pervious experience, including supervisory leadership.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039654
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $44.58 - $71.33
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23039654
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day