Divisional Coder I - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift : 40 hours a week; Days
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Coder I, under general supervision of the Regional Coding Manager is responsible for Assigning codes to ER and Outpatient ancillary medical records, using ICD-10-CM and CPT codes via the 3m Encoder and Dolbey Computer Assisted Coding application. Abstracts the patient's account with the assigned codes and finalizes the abstract in Epic. Reviews scripts for meeting Medical Necessity in the Outpatient ancillary area. Responsibility to adhere to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Requires coding knowledge of all specialties required at this level for multi-hospital coding.
· Codes all diagnoses, treatments, and procedures for outpatient records in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
· Abstracts all outpatient script encounters, recurring encounters, medical outpatient in a bed encounters, and emergency room charts
· Verifies principal diagnosis assigned by physician or coder, verifies, and agrees with diagnostic and procedure codes selected via Computer Assisted Coding (CAC), and Uniform Hospital Discharge documentation in the record supporting assigned diagnoses.
· Assigns modifiers as appropriate and according to NCCI guidelines
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High school diploma and successfully completed a medical coding certificate program or 2 year HIM program
· Certified Coding Specialist
· Certified Professional Coder
· Registered Health Information Administrator
· Registered Health Information Technician
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Health Information Management
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23037976
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $18.71 - $29.94
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23037976
Job Family: Health Information Management
Shift: 1 - Day