Divisional Inpatient Coding Manager - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift : 40 hours a week; Days
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Inpatient Coding Manager, under general supervision of the Division Director of Coding, is responsible for the daily operation of the inpatient coding team and has direct oversight of the inpatient coders, and inpatient auditors. The Inpatient Coding Manager works in collaboration with the Director of Coding to ensure the integrity of coded data, the education and training of the inpatient coding staff, as well as being a resource to the division on issues related to coded data. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The Inpatient Coding Manager is responsible for the inpatient coding operations for the multistate division facilities.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Manages, develops, and coaches the inpatient coders, motivating and supporting others in overcoming barriers to understanding.
· Manages facility and individual scorecard data. Conducting monthly one on one meetings with the inpatient coders and auditors to review and discuss results.
· Weekly to bi-weekly touchpoints with the inpatient team.
· Drives operational efficiency and sustains excellence in coding workflow with accountability for meeting and exceeding established goals at multiple facilities in the division.
· Responsible for the discharged not final coded for multiple facilities in the multi-state division.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Bachelors and 5+ years’ experience
· 5 years Leadership Experience
· CCS or RHIT or RHIA or CPC certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Health Information Management
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039110
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $36.839 - $58.942
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23039110
Job Family: Health Information Management
Shift: 1 - Day