Expressive Therapist Relief – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Preference would be availability to work weekends
Likely to have weekday coverage opportunities as well
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Expressive Therapist (ET) functions as a member of the ET Team and will be registered/certified in art, occupational, or music therapy. These services include planning and implementation of therapy activities such as group and or individual interactions. The expressive therapist provides an initial assessment of each patient and provides progress updates to treatment team members.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Conducts group therapy, emphasizing the use of expressive therapy modalities in addressing issues and in conjunction with the Treatment Plan.
· Assesses needs of patients who are eligible for group treatment according to each patient’s physical, cognitive, and emotional status.
· Provides Expressive Therapy Assessment for each new admission within designated time frames.
· Documents on each patient at the conclusion of each group and/or individual session.
· Assists patients in determining immediate needs and goals.
· Motivates patients to participate in Expressive Therapy and other unit activities.
· Demonstrates ability to assess presenting problem, formulate therapeutic impressions and synthesize information into ET Assessment, according to BH policy, JCAHO standards, and CMS standards.
· Documents in the treatment plan objectives and interventions; implement treatment plan; and reevaluate and document progress.
· Functions as an integral and flexible part of the therapeutic team by assisting in crisis intervention, 1:1 counseling, acute care observation, and making observational rounds.
· Identifies and supervises use of materials which may be a danger to those at risk for self-harm.
· Complies with unit specific confidentiality guidelines; including use of confidentiality code numbers.
· Understands and practices the ethical standards of specific disciplines.
· Demonstrates continued interest in educating self about progress in field through attendance and possibly even presentation at various seminars, as well as reading professional literature.
· Collaborates with Expressive Therapy Team Lead on items to purchase for enhancement of ET program.
· Manages supplies within ET budget.
· Demonstrates ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
· Demonstrates ability to implement AIDET effectively, incorporating the 5 Fundamentals of Patient Communication during all interactions.
· Demonstrates “straight talk” and effective communication skills.
· Utilizes LAST during all service recovery interactions (Listen, Apologize, Solve, Thank).
· Provides and fosters high quality service through positive interpersonal relations.
· Provides outstanding customer service during all interactions, placing intent upon the customer and going beyond his/her expectations.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Knowledge of inpatient and intensive outpatient programs.
· Knowledge of psychiatric diagnoses and therapeutic approaches for appropriate interactions and interventions.
· Patient-centered approach with ability to connect with each patient.
· Awareness of therapeutic boundaries and ability to monitor transference within the therapeutic relationship.
· Computer knowledge and use of electronic medical records.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy OR Master’s Degree in Art Therapy or Music Therapy
· Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Position will accept applicants from Art, Music or Occupational Therapy programs. Art and Music Therapy candidates will be post Master’s degree and working towards a Board Certification. Occupational Therapy candidates must have a Kansas Occupational Therapy license
· Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Training – must be obtained within 90 days of employment
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23028377
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 9100 W 74TH ST
Pay Range: $22.319 - $35.71
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23028377
Job Family: Rehabilitation Services
Shift: 1 - Day