First Assist Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift : Monday – Friday; 40 hours a week
Location: Shawnee Mission Building
9119 W. 74th Street; Suite 350 Merriam, KS 66207
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The First Assist- Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner is a professional mid-level provider licensed in Kansas to function in an expanded role to provide primary health care to individuals, families or groups. The position functions in a collegial relationship with physicians and other health professionals in the delivery of health care services. Provides care for patients of the practice within the scope of licensure. They are able to make independent decisions with physicians in carrying out health regimens for families and clients. The Advanced Practice Provider demonstrates AIDET, is proficient in CPOE and is a resource to the physicians, nurses and other disciplines.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs initial and on-going assessments of self-care, psychosocial needs, education, environment and discharge planning, incorporating information from the identified significant other and other health providers.
· Utilizes skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation using diagnostic instruments or laboratory procedures that are basic to the screening of physical signs and symptoms.
· Assesses learning needs, readiness, and capabilities of patient/family, including cultural, religious practices, language barriers, emotional barriers, educational level, motivation and limitations.
· Documents patient care findings within established standards utilizing CPOE.
· Ensures that the patient’s plan of care includes all CMS, JCAHO, GWTG, Action Registry and all of the quality/outcome data base indicators and accurate and complete documentation is reflected in each patient’s medical record.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Kansas Physician Assistant License or Nurse Practitioner License
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23018646
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 7450 KESSLER ST
Pay Range: $41.128 - $65.806
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23018646
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day