AdventHealth Fitness Specialist PT in Shawnee, Kansas
Fitness Specialist AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 7315 Frontage Road, Merriam, KS
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Common to staffing Move 4 Life- A Monitored Fitness Program, Group Fitness Instruction, Personal Training Services, and Community/ Corporate Health Events and Offerings:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, including greeting clients and contributing to an inclusive, welcoming, and safe Fitness Center. Utilizes ACT during all service recovery interactions (Acknowledge, Correct, and Thank).
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to interface positively with all customers and employees, fostering high quality service.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills.
- Promotes AH fitness programs to the community.
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility in adapting to changing situations and demonstrates ability to think quickly when responding to emergency situations.
- Honor client dignity, privacy, confidentiality, and respect for human diversity.
- Maintains confidentiality during all interpersonal interactions (including phone interactions and hallway interactions).
- Demonstrates professional demeanor and appearance in accordance with AH dress code policy.
- Able to work with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision.
- Collaborates with clients to achieve health goals.
- Ensures client safety. Demonstrates and instructs in the safe and correct use of exercise equipment.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics and alignment in stretching, use of weights, and all fitness instruction.
- Identifies educational needs and provides instruction necessary for each client.
- Able to teach a variety of exercises.
- Maintains and keeps current BLS for Healthcare providers and flu vaccinations per AH policies.
- Follows all department and AH procedures to ensure excellent care is consistently provided.
- Willingness to identify problems, report concerns to program supervisor, and participate in problem solving process.
- Follow AH attendance and on-time policy. Be set-up and ready to go before program begins, classes/sessions start and clean-up/assure all equipment used for program is put away at the end of each program, session, or class.
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) process.
Move 4 Life: A Monitored Fitness Program Specific:
- Thorough understanding of monitoring heart rate, blood pressure, SpO2, and visual assessments of client tolerance of exercise. Will adjust or stop exercise based on these health measures in accordance with fitness center procedures.
- Provides safe fitness monitoring. Proactive for potential fall hazards and unsteadiness of clients. Makes adjustments, as needed, to ensure a safe fitness environment.
- Reviews clients progress regularly; reassess and adjusts their exercise plan as needed.
- Possesses comprehensive understanding of chronic disease and other health needs of older adults.
- Assists in the development and adherence of exercise lifestyle, assess client’s physiological responses to exercise, and makes necessary adjustments.
- Participates in team meetings, in-services, and maintains core competencies specific to pathophysiology and comorbidity, professional communication, client education and training, emergency procedures, exercise, psychosocial, and client assessment.
- Communicates effectively with Fitness Center staff and the physician office and/or outpatient rehab that referred client.
- Demonstrates proficiency with computers; ABC Fitness software.
- Operates front counter functions including Point of Sale transactions and maintains PCI compliance training.
- Maintains equipment and supplies necessary for delivery of services. This includes cleaning equipment and stocking fitness center, storage, and shower rooms regularly.
- Demonstrates timely open and closing functions for Move 4 Life program.
- AdventHealth is a family friendly environment. Music, dress and language choices will be held to AH standards.
- Assists in orientation of new team members.
- Accepts additional workload, as needed.
Group Fitness Instruction Specific:
- Must possess comprehensive understanding of target fitness population that is being served in each specific group fitness class. Example: older adults, prenatal, etc.
- Responsible for creating group fitness class content or adhering to specified content as directed by Fitness Program Supervisor.
- Ensures all clients have signed liability waiver for each group fitness class.
- Routinely communicates with classes about upcoming changes, fitness reminders, and other updates as communicated by Fitness Program Supervisor.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics and alignment during exercise instruction.
- Is committed to providing safe group fitness classes. Is watchful for potential fall hazards, unsteadiness of clients, and makes adjustments as needed to ensure a safe fitness environment.
- Routinely adjusts class instruction to meet the needs and abilities of each class participant.
- Identifies educational needs and provides instruction necessary for group fitness classes.
- Able to teach a variety of exercises in group fitness setting.
- Prepares Fitness Studio or space used for fitness classes, including: music cued, temperature activated, lighting, props and equipment set-up, and ensure space is clean and safe for fitness instruction.
- Fitness Class Instructors will be good stewards of the Fitness Studio and Fitness Center. All equipment should be cleaned and returned to its designated space after use. Encourage class participants to clean equipment after use.
- High School education required
- 2+ years of exercise related experience
- Fitness certification from NASM or ACE or AFPA required within 90 days of hire date.
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.