Floor Tech FT Nights AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Up to $2,000 sign on/commitment bonus
Benefits from Day One for eligible employees
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Location: 9100 W 74 th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Maintains hard surface floor and carpet (dust and wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction & bonneting) of areas that include offices, resident rooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas such as dining rooms. Conducts project cleaning of walls, lights entrances, common areas, windows vents, sidewalks, etc. as assigned. Maintain areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its member and corporate. Adhere to all policies and procedures set by facility and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs floor care and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met
· Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion
· May collect trash/recycling/soiled linen from the units and for the proper disposal of trash/recycling/laundry in an outside/soiled linen barrel container
· May clean patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up
· Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment. Maintains an appropriate level of knowledge relating to matters of sanitation, use of disinfectants, and reports any hazardous situations, and responds to any hazards and emergency situations. Also handles preparing safety data sheets (SDS)
· Adjusts to staff shortages and covering other assigned areas
· Utilizes Team-through-put/ Bed Management system to maintain productive flow of beds and Patients. Call in and out as required
· Interacts with patients/customers in an appropriate manner
· May be cross trained to perform both the Environmental Services Associate and Utility Tech job functions
· Responsible for keeping equipment sanitized and clean
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
High School Diploma Preferred
No Experience Required; 1 year of experience preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Environmental Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23024417
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 9100 W 74TH ST
Pay Range: $15 - $18.75
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23024417
Job Family: Environmental Services
Shift: 3 - Night