AdventHealth Histotechnologist FT or PT Days in Shawnee, Kansas
Histotechnologist AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74 th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time or Part Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Shares technical knowledge with co-workers; assists with training & orientation of new employees/students & serves as a resource to current staff, students, & physicians.
· Shows enthusiasm in the workplace; actively involved in promoting morale, encouraging others, and improving associate satisfaction scores.
· Seeks opportunities to work cooperatively with other members of the hospital & system.
· Responds in a professional manner to customer requests & inquiries, assuming responsibility for seeing them through to completion.
· Communicates with internal and external customers, responding effectively to questions, issues or problems
· Adjusts to changing customer needs by adapting work habits, schedules, or matters of personal convenience to improve service.
· Willingly assists other associates during times of high volume workload.
· Recognizes limitations & asks for assistance/instruction when necessary.
· Participates in and maintains competency requirements for self and those in department
· Limits personal phone calls & business so as not to compromise productivity.
· Attendance pattern reflects commitment to job requirements & patient care needs.
· Demonstrates & models positive behaviors which are supportive of change.
· Works independently
· Uses time efficiently when regular workload is done to maintain department functions.
· Cross-trained between laboratory areas.
· Maintains clean, well-stocked, & organized work area.
· Takes responsibility for own actions; openly admits mistakes & seeks ways to correct the problem.
· Uses strong technical skills in performing problem solving, making decisions about and verifying section procedures with speed and accuracy.
· Produces high quality tissue sections & stains within a time frame that contributes to effective patient care.
· Prepare, evaluates & stains histology samples according to section guidelines.
· Ensures proper storage of slide & block archive material.
· Performs & evaluates quality control & equipment maintenance; corrects malfunctions or arranges for service as needed.
· Identifies & resolves technical problems, adapts procedures to ensure proper handling of unusual or special tissues.
· Uses the LIS efficiently to accession specimens, order tests & obtain information, in keeping with established protocols.
· Recognizes that the attainment of knowledge is every employee’s responsibility & accepts accountability for staying current on all written or electronic communication.
· Enhances technical & professional knowledge by participation in mandatory & continuing education opportunities.
· Understands & utilizes department resources, including department manuals, administrative policy manuals, safety manuals, MSDS & other reference material.
· Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment and follows established chemical hygiene and biohazard protocols.
What You Will Need:
Associate’s Degree or Graduate of Technical School
No Previous Experience
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
HT(Histotechnologist) – ACCP Certified or Equivalent
The Histotechnologist is responsible for processing of human tissue and body fluids. This includes accessioning, processing, embedding, sectioning, staining, cover slipping, labeling & distribution to the pathologist for final evaluation & diagnosis.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.