AdventHealth Home Health Nurse FT Days in Shawnee, Kansas
Home Health Nurse AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
· Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
· Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
· Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
· Employee Referral Program
· Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordinates the activities of health team members to provide comprehensive care and continuity of services.
- Punctual with returning pages and phone calls, with completing documentation, timeliness in arriving at meetings and for patient appointments.
- Respects each discipline’s expertise. Evaluates patient’s need for other disciplines and makes appropriate Agency referrals.
- Respects authority by following the appropriate channels of communication in resolving problems and presenting information.
- Involves patient/family in the planning and implementation of care; prepares patient and/or family for changes in frequencies, transfer and/or discharge.
- Reports changes in the patient’s status to the team, such as hospitalization, discharges, and physician appointments.
- Completes and maintains clinical records in a timely manner and in accordance with the agency’s policy.
- Notifies patient’s physician of pertinent changes and discharge plans.
- Demonstrates flexibility in accepting patient assignments.
- Communicates on a daily basis with supervisor and/or office, including communication of schedule changes.
- Attends orientation, in-services, and team and staff meetings, as scheduled.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of Shawnee Mission Medical Center and Shawnee Mission Home Health Care.
- Delegates and supervises appropriate patient care duties performed by LPN’s, Home Health Aides, and students.
- Obtains physician’s written prescription and approval for all treatment changes.
- Participates in home care Performance Improvement Plan.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients and other associates.
- Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of the contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
- Provides care according to established RN practices and standards of care.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with department practice, policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the OASIS Assessment, effectively communicating the results with the entire team, including the physician.
- Performs the OASIS follow-up assessments as needed and at recertification within the established timeframes.
- Develops and implements treatment using appropriate techniques within physician’s prescription, obtaining approval for changes.
- Completes evaluation/progress/discharge notes in a timely fashion and within agency guidelines.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the physician and other referral sources.
- Reviews and revises plan of treatment, as indicated.
- Provides weekend and holiday coverage as assigned by the patient care supervisor.
- Offers to take on other responsibilities to help the entire Home Health Care Team.
- Participates in student supervision as indicated.
- Demonstrates the initiative to learn and applies new processes and procedures by attending in-services, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading profession journals.
- Provides educational in-services to the clinical staff after attendance at seminars/workshops.
- Discusses new cases with Patient Care Supervisor within 24 hours of admission and at least biweekly throughout the period of care.
- Communicates with team members for the effective creation and implementation of the plan of treatment.
- Participates actively in meetings.
- Participates in continuing education to keep practice current.
- Participates in Quarterly Chart Audits, as requested.
- Demonstrates cost-effective practices.
- Coordinates team efforts to meet patient care needs, avoiding duplication of services.
- Meets patient’s RN needs by providing appropriate number of RN visits for each patient.
- Reports any equipment or maintenance problems to Supervisor.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize workload in order to meet productivity standards.
- Complete initial documentation within 24 hours.
- Processes add-on orders within 24 hours.
- Follows frequency and duration outlined on initial orders/485.
- Completes documentation accurately the first time.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- Missouri Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Valid Driver's License
- Current Car Insurance
Position-related experience includes:
- At least 2 years of experience in home health patient care.
- Ability to function independently, problem-solve, prioritize and make decisions.
- Good listening skills and ability to assess the needs of the home care team in an accepting manner.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in relating to associates and outside support personnel.
- Sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick with the ability to deal effectively in a hostile or emotional associate, patient or physician situation.
- Knowledge and competency to perform required documentation and patient care procedures as a Home Health Educator and to deal effectively with various demands of the job.
- Good computer skills and experience with Microsoft products helpful.
This position is accountable for the planning and implementation of patient care activities, coordinating the efforts of team members to achieve an individual Patient Care Plan, in order to maximize function within the home, restoring health, or assisting a peaceful death. This position provides, coordinates, supervises and responsibly directs the activities of various levels of assigned nurses and ancillary personnel in the provision of patient care utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.