AdventHealth Information Associate Emergency Department Nights in Shawnee, Kansas
Information Associate Emergency Department AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
12 hour shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
I will provide exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
· Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or by telephone.
· Assist patients by responding to requests and obtaining needed services from nurses, physicians, CAs and other team members.
· Provide information by answering inquiries, relaying calls, providing directions and referring inquiries to nursing and physician staff.
· Listen attentively and provide information in a way that is respectful and ensures understanding.
· Address customers by their preferred names.
· Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing responsibilities as needed.
I will maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations, adhering to infection control policies.
· Maintain department operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
· Maintain department supply inventory by monitoring stock to determine inventory level, anticipate needed supplies, place and expedite supply orders and verify receipt of supplies.
· Keep department equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures, notifying appropriate department(s) when there is a need for repair.
· Conserve department resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job.
· Operate office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone systems, copy machines scanners and label printers with skill and efficiency.
· Perform environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
I will promote teamwork and nurture relationships so as to be seen as a positive member of the healthcare team.
· Support the goals of the department and adheres to all organizational and departmental policies.
· Attend all required staff meetings and mandatory training.
· Communicate clearly and effectively to customers and members of the healthcare team.
· Answer call lights, telephones and requests for assistance quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
· Willingly seek and take on additional responsibilities as assigned within my competency level.
· Resolve issues and problems as soon as they arise.
I will perform clerical duties to maintain efficient workflow and streamlined patient throughput.
· Keep patient and hospital information confidential and out of public view.
· Establish patient record by gathering appropriate information and completing the patient identification process.
· Complete the ADT process in Cerner.
· Copy medical record and obtain test and procedure results when necessary.
· Arrange appointments for patients as directed by physicians or nursing staff.
· Maintain ongoing data collection as directed by the department manager.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
The Information Associate (IA) is provides a variety of essential clerical duties of a routine, recurring nature for a specific department(s) within Shawnee Mission Health. These duties are essential to the smooth operation of the department and workflow of the nursing staff, physicians and other members of the health care team.
The IA is often the first contact customers have with the department. As such, the IA is expected to uphold the highest level of customer service skills. The ability to communicate effectively is imperative to this position.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.