AdventHealth Laboratory Operations Manager in Shawnee, Kansas
Laboratory Operations Manager AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Prioritizing the patient as our highest responsibility ensuring that patient safety and laboratory clinical outcomes are foremost is in the minds of our associates.
- Manage within budget and productivity targets.
- Maximize productivity through development and maintenance of staffing plans appropriate to level of service provided, utilizing benchmarking and best practice standards.
- Meet and/or exceed regulatory requirement including CLIA, College of American Pathology (CAP) and Joint Commission.
- Hire smart, setting expectations and providing feedback while teaching, mentoring and helping staff.
- Performs respectful coaching/evaluation sessions with associates on a timely basis to foster staff development and growth in a fair and respectful manner.
- Develops programs for recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of all staff members.
- Ensure all laboratory associates meet their annual regulatory employment and education requirements.
- Maintain laboratory turnover rate at a minimum.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to employee files & patient results.
- Show appreciation and recognition to laboratory staff in new and creative ways for the gifts, commitment, dedication, expertise and compassion shown by our associates and peers.
- Strive to be a positive, passionate and energetic representative of myself, the laboratory and Shawnee Mission Health (SMH).
- Delegates effectively in order to manage time wisely & develops leadership opportunities for staff.
- Ensure all laboratory associates receive appropriate communication regarding Shawnee Mission Health (SMH) and departmental issues.
- Monitors & assesses the quality of service & customer satisfaction; ensures QI/PI techniques are being utilized by leadership to improve performance.
- Enhance laboratory Associate Engagement through implementation of Action Plans leading to improvements.
- Strive to create a best practice work environment with Shawnee Mission Health (SMH).
- Develops & implements policies, protocols & procedures that guide & support the provision of services.
- Collaborates with community, system leadership & physicians to design services which are based on an assessment of community needs.
- Establishes effective working relationships with nursing staff, ancillary departments, physician offices and other customers; participates on special committees or projects as needed.
- Performs coaching/evaluation sessions with associates on a timely basis to foster staff development and growth in a fair and respectful manner.
- Assists in the development of team processes and encourages team participation to maximize productivity and associate satisfaction.
- Communicates with internal & external customers in a professional manner, responding to questions or inquiries with appropriate follow-up & resolution.
- Communicates with staff and customers, responding effectively to questions, issues or problems; demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills to ensure continuity of care.
- Assists in designing programs to effectively manage risk while incorporating the highest ethical standards.
- Adjusts to changing customer needs by adapting work habits, schedules, or matters of personal convenience to improve service.
- Uses the laboratory information system efficiently in producing & evaluating laboratory reports/documentation & obtaining information, in keeping with established protocols.
- Develops, reviews, & revises laboratory policies, protocols & procedures
- Delegates tasks as part of effective personal time management.
- Assists in setting department goals; developing plans to monitor & meet those goals.
- Functions as a change agent within the system, assists with planning & implementing strategic goals.
- Organize and prioritize work assignment and demonstrate flexibility to accommodate the following: changing work environment, high acuity, high census and/or sudden emergencies to meet unit/organization needs.
- Shows enthusiasm in the workplace; actively involved in promoting morale & encouraging others
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Computer/Word Processing Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP) certification or equivalent or advance degree and able to meet CLIA’s 88 standards for high complexity testing
Supervisory responsibilities for staff
The Manager assists the Laboratory Director in planning, organizing, directing & controlling all activities & uses of personnel, equipment, & supplies to meet the needs of patients, associates, hospital & corporate clients. Assists in collaboration with the Laboratory Director and Medical Director of the laboratory to ensure appropriate standards of service, practice, & care are established in accordance with state & federal law, Joint Commission & the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.