Medical Assistant Uncertified – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
$5000 Sign-On Bonus
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Shift : 40 hours a week
Location: Woodland Hills Building
7315 E Frontage Road, Merriam KS
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Assistant will assist the provider in the delivery of medical care to clinic patients. Maintain high customer service skills with all patient interactions. The Medical Assistant (MA) is accountable for the performance of tasks and responsibilities within the framework of supportive and restorative care under the direction of the clinic physician. Under the general direction of the Manager, the position is responsible for being an effective multi task oriented individual that provides healthcare services, and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of duties and responsibilities. Must possess computer skills necessary to document patient information in E.M.R. in accordance to protocols and guidelines established, communicated and trained. Customer service skills are essential in all aspects of the position.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Timely, accurate, and thorough completion of medical documentation upon patient intake (including identified standards for documentation – i.e. mammogram, colonoscopy, smoking, etc)
· Ability to give immunizations
· Ability to utilize computer/computer software for pertinent patient documentation, providing documentation to patient as needed (i.e. patient plan). This includes pertinent training as necessary from time to time
· Adhere to policies/procedures for patient medications and testing – refilling patient medications according to protocols (SMPG policies) only as appropriate
· Electronic communications with patients, when desired (in keeping with established policy standards)
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Upon hire Medical Assistant Certification is required within 18m months. Please inquire which credentialing bodies are approved
· BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23025507
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $18.5 - $18.5
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23025507
Job Family: Patient Care
Shift: 1 - Day