Medical Technologist – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT Days, 36 hours/week
$10000 Sign on Bonus
0530-1400 OR 0630-1500, varied day to day
Will work in Chemistry and Hematology during the weekdays.
Every 4th weekend in Chemistry
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Technician III or Medical Technologist III performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed/certified. The position requires the exercise of independent judgment under general supervision. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are included in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized manner, and is properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork
• Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
• Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to hospital procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as hospital policies
• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with hospital procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
• Provides resolution to customer service issues within guidelines and supports education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested
• Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities, including evaluation of new equipment and/or procedures or methods
• Adheres to the hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies; protects confidentiality of patient information and results at all times
• Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
• Assists in new employee training and orientation
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or work area
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
•Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician, Associate's Degree required for MLT
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23034959
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $19.852 - $31.763
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23034959
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day