AdventHealth Monitor Technician and Runner EKG PT Evening in Shawnee, Kansas
Monitor Technician Heart Neuro Vascular AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Immediate benefits available
The following competencies are foundational to the departmental workflow. All MTs should strive to perform and master the competencies listed below.
- I will provide a clean work environment and uphold all principles of infection control.
- Consistently follow organizational guidelines for effective hand hygiene.
- Follow guidelines for standard precautions as directed.
- Clean and maintain the telemetry battery packs.
- Perform environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
- I will promote teamwork and nurture relationships so as to be seen as a positive member of the healthcare team.
- Support the goals of the department and adheres to all organizational and departmental policies.
- Attend all required staff meetings and mandatory training.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all customers, the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
- Answer telephones quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
- Maintain a cheerful, helpful service attitude towards phone calls and co-workers.
- Willingly seek and take on additional responsibilities as assigned within my competency level.
- Resolve issues and problems as soon as they arise.
- I will provide exceptional service to all patients, customers and team members.
- Validation in dysrhythmia identification.
- Reviews current & prior rhythms and reports variances to nursing and physicians.
- Listen attentively and provide information in a way that is respectful and ensures understanding.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with SMMC Central Telemetry Monitoring Patient Care Policy.
- Demonstrates correct placement of telemetry leads to ensure accurate heart rhythm analysis. Notifies nursing staff when leads are off.
- I will ensure a safe environment for all patients, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates ability to operate telemetry monitory equipment and pager system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of patient safety policies and respond appropriately to organizational disaster codes.
- Follow directions accurately and completely.
- Keep patient and hospital information confidential and out of public view
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Education or experience in monitoring heart rhythms
The Monitor Technician monitors heart rhythm patterns to detect record and report normal and abnormal heart rhythm patterns, normal and abnormal ECG interval measurements and proper and improper pacemaker or implantable defibrillator function utilizing telemetry equipment. The MT requires excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills. Additionally, will clean and maintain equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.