AdventHealth Neurology Tech PRN in Shawnee, Kansas
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Possible weekend coverage
- Understands how to access department and medical center information.
- Maintains confidentiality and promotes the dignity of customers and associates.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Performs neurology procedures according to physician orders, department policy/procedure, and patient care plan.
- Cross trains and signs off competencies for relief staff
- Assures annual mandatory hospital health review/competencies are completed in a timely manner
- Follows the “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Maintains and records adverse reactions to neurology procedures.
- Performs thorough patient assessment and takes appropriate action when necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 1 Year of Experience
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Registered EEG Tech preferred
- Registered EP Tech preferred
The Neurology Technician performs all aspects neurodiagnostic testing including, but not limited to, electroencephalograms, multi-modality evoked potentials, electronystagmograms, and surgical monitoring on patients of varying ages and medical conditions. Works independently, utilizing variety of sophisticated instrumentation and decision making in the treatment and handling of patients. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements of processes and service on an on-going basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.