AdventHealth Nursing Assistant (CNA) Orthopedics Nights in Shawnee, Kansas
Clinical Associate AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74 th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time Nights
Three 12 hour shifts per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
I will provide a clean patient care environment and uphold all principles of infection control.
· Consistently follow organizational guidelines for effective hand hygiene.
· Follow guidelines for standard precautions as directed.
· Maintain a neat and clean patient environment by changing linens, emptying trash and keeping hallways clean and free of clutter and equipment.
· Perform environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
I will promote teamwork and nurture relationships so as to be seen as a positive member of the healthcare team.
· Support the goals of the department and adheres to all organizational and departmental policies.
· Attend all required staff meetings and mandatory training.
· Communicate clearly and effectively to all customers, the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
· Answer call lights, telephones and requests for assistance quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
· Willingly seek and take on additional responsibilities as assigned within my competency level.
· Resolve issues and problems as soon as they arise.
I will provide exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
· Obtain and record patient vital signs and intake and output as directed.
· Assist patients with activities of daily living.
· Turn and reposition patients with or without assistance as directed.
· Listen attentively and provide information in a way that is respectful and ensures understanding.
· Address customers by their preferred names.
· Provide for privacy and dignity of all patients by closing doors and curtains when providing patient care.
I will ensure a safe environment for all patients, customers and team members.
· Demonstrate proper use of patient care supplies and equipment.
· Demonstrate knowledge of patient safety policies and respond appropriately to organizational disaster codes.
· Follow directions accurately and completely.
· Keep patient and hospital information confidential and out of public view.
What You Will Need:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
No Previous Experience Required
BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Clinical Associate (CA) is a non-licensed support person, and functions as a member of the patient care team. The CA is responsible for providing direct patient care and any assigned duties as designated by his/her competency level to ensure optimal patient care. The CA works under the guidance of a Registered Nurse.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.