AdventHealth Nursing Director Outpatient Cancer Center and Clinical Operations in Shawnee, Kansas
Nursing Director Outpatient Cancer Center and Clinical Operations AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Medical, Dental and Vision Available Day One
Location Address: 9100 W. 74thStreet; suite 100, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- MD Anderson Certified Affiliate
- On-site, covered, free parking
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Facilitates educational experiences for nursing and other students
- Provides direct mentoring for all associates assigned to their area. Coaches others in developing personal career plans.
- Participates in teaching opportunities throughout the organization.
- Acts as a lead or sponsor in process improvement opportunities within the organization (beyond unit scope).
- Chairs committees at the campus or system level and encourages staff involvement in hospital based and shared leadership committees.
- Promotes nursing management as a desirable specialty and assures there is a succession plan for his/her own position. Actively mentors others into the leadership role.
- Values feedback and is a proponent of lifelong learning. Is able to learn from successes and failures, and seeks mentorship from respected colleagues.
- Maintains professional proficiency by participating in continuing education and appropriate learning experiences, both internal and external. Attends pertinent conferences and seminars regarding clinical nursing, business, or management.
- Creates an environment in which others are setting expectations and holding each other accountable; professional and personal growth is an expectation.
- Answers for the results of one’s own behaviors and actions.
- Integrates high ethical standards and core values into everyday work activities and creates a work environment that has a reputation for high ethical standards.
- Role models the perspective that patient care is the core of the organization’s work.
- Participates in at least one professional organization and encourages others to participate in professional organizations. Responsible for planning and implementation of programs that advance the profession of nursing.
- Ensures that nurses are actively engaged in decisions that affect their practice.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart AssociationNational Nursing Certification in specialty
The Nursing Director has accountability, authority and responsibility for quality of services, operational management, human resource management and financial management for an assigned environment(s). The Nursing Director assures evaluation of outcomes that promote high quality practice delivery in assigned patient environment. The Nursing Director provides leadership in the delivery of care and nursing practice both in the clinical unit and the organization. The Nursing Director interacts with staff, and contributes to the professional development of the leadership team in her areas of responsibility, leadership peers, and other colleagues. The Nursing Director collaborates as needed with all levels of nursing staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders in relation to the delivery of quality care. The Nursing Director acts as an advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing, other professions, institutions, and organizations, especially related to health and safety. The Nursing Director accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients in their assigned areas and participates in planning the success of patient experience and outstanding customer service activities. The Nursing Director promotes a learning environment that is open, respectful, and promotes the sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes. The Nursing Director actively leads outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.