Nutritional Services Supervisor - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for eligible employees
Paid Days Off from Day One for eligible employees
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Must be available to work an 8-hour shift from 6:00am – 8:00pm and every other weekends . Will be floating between Morning and PM coverage.
Shift : Days
Location: 9100 W 74th St, Shawnee Mission, 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Supervisor, Nutritional Services oversees daily operations for patients and customers including patient meal services, catering, and cafeteria/food production functions. Works closely with the Manager to establish expectations, plans, and priorities. Holds staff accountable for standards, such as sanitation and productivity. Conducts team meetings, employee recognition, and diversity awareness. May schedule employees for training, may coach and conduct positive discipline and performance evaluations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Remains visible and available in the work area to support staff and engage with customers especially during peak times.
· Works proactively to ensure operational efficiency to include appropriate staffing, sufficient food inventory vs. menu to avoid closing stations, service modification, food substitution minimization and equipment performance.
· Ensures the efficient completion of required operational duties and meets standards, including production, quality, timely services, and temperature monitoring.
· Responsible for daily inspections and audits of work areas, including temperature logs, cleaning schedules, and image standards, and trains staff on inspection and audit criteria.
· Manages human resources to include maintaining updated job routines, offering cross training, coaching, and facilitating development conversations.
· Contributes to financial planning, determines food consumption, and manages purchase orders, supplies, inventory, and equipment in accordance with department budgetary guidelines and AdventHealth purchase agreements
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Knowledge of food service/hospitality industry
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and have good comprehension of conversational English
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish)
• Familiar with CBORD computerized software programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· 2 years' experience working in the food service and/or hospitality industry OR 2 years of previous leadership experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Associates degree in hospitality or related field
• Culinary Arts degree
• Three years' experience working in the food service and/or hospitality industry
• Any previous leadership experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· ServSafe Certification
· ServSafe manager or equivalent certification within 30 days of hire
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Dietary Manager
· Culinary Arts certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24003090
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $19.85 - $31.763
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24003090
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day