AdventHealth Parent Educator PRN in Shawnee, Kansas
Parent Educator AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74thStreet; suite 100, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Will teach 2-3 four hour classes per month
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Work collaboratively and communicates openly with Birth Center staff to ensure seamless care for families involved.
- Demonstrates teamwork by maintaining a cheerful helpful, and service attitude toward all guests and coworkers.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with administrative representatives and leadership by communicating openly, being supportive and keeping them informed.
- Maintains a organized work flow system.
- Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirements and assumes responsibility for individual performance development, CBL’s and mandatory health screenings and immunizations.
- Takes initiative to stay informed of current changes in practice in the Birth Center.
- Attends and participates in Parent Education staff meetings.
- Participates in yearly mandatory observation day in labor and delivery, mother/baby and lactation.
- Independently maintains all certifications necessary for the role.
- Understands and maintains HIPPA guidelines in relation to patient information
- Understands and upholds Infant Security standards within the Birth Center
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
One of the approved certifications in the specialty related to scope of classes that they will be teaching:
Childbirth Preparation, Newborn Care, Natural Strategies and Refresher/VBAC classes -certification by nationally recognized agency such as ICEA or CAPPA.
- Baby Signing Time with Music
- Love and Logic
- Babies Don’t Bark- Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers
- Baby Friendly education
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
The Parent Educator is responsible for facilitating understanding, awareness, and reflection on a wide range of topics related to reproductive health, pregnancy, childbirth, infant development and care, and breastfeeding. The Parent Educator must practice within the guidelines of The Birth Center at Shawnee Mission Medical Center and have the ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of people, set priorities, and have flexibility to meet diversified needs. The Educator must demonstrate initiative, discretion and self- direction. Parent Education is designed to reach a wide demographic of families without regard to language, gender, sexual orientation, religion, culture, class, or education.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.