Interventional Radiology Technologist Part-Time Days– AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part-Time Days, 24 hours/week
$2500 Sign on Bonus
3 x 8 hour weekday work shifts, days will vary from week to week.
Call rotation to include nights and weekends
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direction of a Radiologists, performs radiologic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Must have room set up (including sterile field) and equipment calibrated prior to start of each procedure. Initiates Code Blue procedure as necessary. Assumes responsibilities for Special Procedures and other department duties as needed
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Scrubs in and assists physician when necessary.
· Performs all special procedures according to department policies.
· Takes turn on emergency call.
· Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
· Follows the “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
· Preps patient for sterile procedure and maintains sterile field.
· Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis for each examination .
· Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department.
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Transfers and positions patients..
· Applies sterile dressing to injection site.
· Initiates and assists in controlling Code Blue procedures if called.
· Cleans and disinfects equipment in procedure room.
· Maintains adequate record of each procedure done.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank) at all times
· Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
· Operates Cerner System proficiently, trouble shots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
· Sets up and maintains all physiological monitoring equipment and supplies.
· Prepares room for procedure - including sterile field. Selects proper catheters and guidewires for each procedure.
· Provides immobilization devices as required.
· Utilizes PACS and Cerner in an effective manner
· Operates Medrad Injector; selects proper pressure, rates and volume for each injection.
· Operates and maintains equipment.
· Calculates catheter data.
· Administers opaque media and medication. Starts IV’s as requested by physicians.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Up to 1 Year Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Kansas State License (LRT)
· AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
· VI Registry
· National Registry (ARRT)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23023577
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $26.64 - $42.62
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23023577
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day