AdventHealth Patient Transporter in Shawnee, Kansas
Patient Transporter AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Part Time – 16 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assists patients in/out of wheelchairs/beds/carts utilizing appropriate assistive devices.
· Transports patients to/from the designated area of the hospital.
· Works in a fast-paced environment.
· Uses excellent customer service skills in all interactions.
· Follows universal precautions guidelines and wears appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Communicates necessary information to care team members and follows HIPAA guidelines.
· Participates in training of new transporters.
· Professional appearance according to dress code standards.
· Uses iPod to receive and accept transport requests from Capacity Management.
What You Will Need:
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association; 14-day grace period for proof of CPR certification after date of hire.
The Patient Assistant is a non-licensed support person who functions as a member of the Patient Care Team. Responsible for transporting patients via bed/cart/wheelchair to and from designated departments under direction of a supervisor. The Capacity Management application will be used to electronically track, manage, and prioritize transportation workflow.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.