Pharmacy Student Relief - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Flexible schedule.
5pm - 9am during the week OR
8:30am - 5pm OR 11am - 7:30pm on the weekends
Location: 9100 W 74 th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician/Student performs all accountabilities associated with the compounding, dispensing, charging, and delivery of medications to the patients.
As the student progresses through their PharmD program, they may have the potential to do patient counseling in addition to their technician responsibilities.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs functions requested by pharmacists or pharmacy leadership in a timely manner
· Maintains confidentiality of patient and business information
· Pyxis generated “stock out” bulletins and “medications not loaded” reports are addressed quickly
· Compound all medications accurately as needed
· Maintain a high level of accuracy and accountability in all controlled substance transactions
· Conduct self with the same high standards of conduct regardless of level of supervision on the shift
· Incorporate patient, physician and customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action
· Complete daily outdates as required with Pyxis machines
· Fill and deliver all medications ordered to patient care areas without delay
· Restock boxes, kits, trays and code cart trays without being asked
· Complete deliveries and refill functions as quickly as possible so as to minimize time spent out of the department
· Proficiently practice aseptic technique
· Identify to department leadership opportunities to improve work flow and/or processes
· Assess par levels and notify department leadership and pharmacy buyer of need to increase these to resolve chronic stock out situations
· Fill, stock, deliver and load all medications located in Pyxis Medstations and in the department, and unload medications appropriately which have been placed there patient specifically.
· Perform tasks related to maintaining all centralized and decentralized pharmacy inventory. This includes, but is not limited to: assessing par levels, stocking shelves, ordering supplies and alerting buyer to stock shortages
· Replenish drugs used during surgery and code blue carts and complete appropriate charge sheet for each patient
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Currently enrolled in a college of Pharmacy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Kansas Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration OR Kansas Pharmacy Intern License
· One year of contemporary hospital pharmacy experience, retail or ambulatory experience acceptable
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 24001040
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $15.23 - $24.374
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24001040
Job Family: Pharmacy
Shift: 3 - Night