AdventHealth Phlebotomy Laboratory Assistant in Shawnee, Kansas
Phlebotomy Laboratory Assistant AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74 th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
· Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
· Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
· Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
· Employee Referral Program
· Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Relief / Days
Weekday and Weekends shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Shares technical knowledge with co-workers; assists with training & orientation of new employees/students & serves as a resource to current staff, students, & physicians.
· Willingly assists other associates during times of high volume workload.
· Communicates in a friendly, professional manner with patients, visitors and associates.
· Shows enthusiasm in the workplace; actively involved in promoting morale & encouraging others.
· Seeks opportunities to work cooperatively with other members of the hospital & system.
· Responds in a professional manner to customer requests & inquiries, assuming responsibility for seeing them through to completion
· Limits personal phone calls & business so as not to compromise productivity.
· Adjusts to changing customer needs by adapting work habits, schedules, or matters of personal convenience to improve service.
· Attendance pattern reflects commitment to job requirements & patient care needs.
· Demonstrates & models positive behaviors which are supportive of change.
· Utilizes critical thinking to recognize & resolve problems, documents corrective actions, and communicates to team.
· Works independently
· Uses time efficiently when regular workload is done.
· Cross-trained between laboratory areas.
· Takes responsibility for own actions; openly admits mistakes & seeks ways to correct the problem.
· Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment and follows established chemical hygiene and biohazard protocols.
· Collects specimens from patient using age-appropriate techniques; labels and prepares specimens for transport; performs related data entry functions in a careful and timely fashion with scrupulous attention to identification and handling.
· Receives, evaluates, & solves problems related to specimen collection & processing, ensuring specimen integrity, so that quality results are obtained.
· Performs waived testing according to established procedures.
· Accurately reports test results.
· Recognizes critical results & documents action taken according to established policies.
· Organizes & prioritizes workflow to meet established turnaround times.
· Uses the LIS efficiently to register patients, order tests & obtain information, in keeping with established protocols.
· Recognizes that the attainment of knowledge is every employee’s responsibility & accepts accountability for staying current on all written or electronic communication.
· Enhances technical & professional knowledge in one or more aspects of laboratory medicine by participation in mandatory & continuing education opportunities.
· Recognizes and supports cost-effective ideas and initiatives.
· Maintains appropriate level of inventory and stock within the draw stations.
· Maintain all patient information files related to phlebotomy services; updating as needed.
· Understands & utilizes department resources, including department manuals, administrative policy manuals, safety manuals, MSDS & reference material.
What You Will Need:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 1+ Years of Phlebotomy Experience
· Excellent Customer Service Skills
Laboratory Assistant is responsible for collecting (with the exception of microbiology & pathology positions), processing & prioritizing large volumes of blood, body fluids, tissues and other substances for laboratory testing. Requires continuous communication via computer, phone, fax and mail to maintain effective working relationships with other hospital departs, system facilities and external customers. Customer service skills continuously exercised. He/She is required to perform multiple clerical tasks related to specimen collection & processing requiring meticulous attention to detail.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.