AdventHealth Physical Therapist Assistant in Shawnee, Kansas
Physical Therapist Assistant AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74thStreet, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Benefits starting on Day One
Days, 3 Days per Week
24 Hours per Week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Maintains a professional team relationship with co-workers by being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties, and being supportive toward their continued growth.
- Punctual with returning pages and phone calls, and for scheduled work hours, meetings, and patient treatment.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Communicates honestly and confronts issues and problems in a private setting.
- Respects each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; “manages up”
- Obtains approval for treatment changes from referring Physical Therapist.
- Obtains physician’s written prescription and approval for treatment changes, as appropriate
- Projects a positive image through high professional standards of conduct and appearance.
- Promotes the dignity of our customers by maintaining patient modesty.
- Maintains confidentiality of customers and other associates
- Adheres to hospital and department policies.
- Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
- Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines; including appropriate use of social media.
- Responsible to educate patients and/or their families in self-care, prevention, body mechanics, life style adaptation, posture, and ergonomics, as appropriate.
- Implements treatment using appropriate techniques within physician’s prescription and documented plan of care.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with department practice, policy, and procedures.
- Provides basic level patient care skills/procedures appropriately in a manner that takes into account the special needs of the patient, e.g., age, culture, learning ability, etc.
- Provides educational inservices to the clinical staff after attendance at workshops and seminars.
- Participates in student supervision as indicated.
- Demonstrates the initiative to learn and applies new processes and procedures by attending inservices, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading professional journals.
- Participates in planning programs for the department and the patients.
- Participates on department committees as appropriate.
- Exemplifies customer service.
- Participates constructively in department inservices, meetings, and activities.
- Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirements; assumes responsibility for role in Associate Achievement Review.
- Recommends discontinuation of treatment when functional goals are met, consulting with evaluating Physical Therapist.
- Reports any equipment or maintenance problems to Facilities Management/Biomed, Rehab Coordinator, or Department Director.
- Obtains appropriate referrals/authorizations to assist the patient and secures reimbursement.
- Charges for patient treatment and supplies in an equitable manner.
- Maintains department standards for productivity.
- Positively impacts clinical, economic and customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Assists the patients to maximize their available resources, e.g., insurance coverage, supply and equipment resources.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree Required
- No experience required; 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Kansas License – Physical Therapist Assistant Required
- BLS through American Heart Association Required
Evaluates, plans and administers appropriate techniques of treatment as prescribed by a physician. Administers patient treatments in a professional manner and within hospital standards. Completes timely and thorough documentation. Works directly with physicians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Exercise Technicians, Rehabilitation office staff, Rehabilitation IA and Rehabilitation Technicians. Exemplifies customer service.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.