AdventHealth Radiation Therapist Relief in Shawnee, Kansas
Santa Fe Building (Cancer Center)
9301 W 74th St, Merriam, KS 66204, Suite 100
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Reviews and implements plan of care according to physician orders and prescriptions
- Monitors daily patient health, symptoms, and radiation induced side effects and alerts appropriate staff when additional care/follow-up is needed
- Monitors patient vitals, performs dressing changes, and provides appropriate clinical care and education when necessary.
- Checks patient information and prepares treatment room and equipment according to radiation treatment plan.
- Constructs immobilization devices to provide optimal positioning for radiation treatments.
- Oversees patient scheduling including daily treatments, simulations, and coordination among physicians, surgical operating rooms, and patient transport and organizes care to ensure effective utilization of resources
- Maintains documentation of medical record.
- Preserves up-to-date knowledge of billing procedure codes, and reviews, submits, reconciles, and provides appropriate documentation of daily billed procedures.
- Addresses, interacts, and provides timely and accurate information to patients and families in a respectful manner.
- Educates and responds to patient requests with an explanation of intended action and follow through.
- Elicits feedback from patients and families regarding satisfaction with care.
- Upholds practice standards required by The Joint Commission.
- Performs and documents patient assessments and interventions according to department policies.
- Maintains a safe and clean patient care environment.
- Participates in quality assurance (QA) processes including daily QA procedures and energy outputs.
- Preserves the upmost standards in assisting in the preparation of sealed radioactive materials and the calculation of actual treatment dosages.
- Recognizes unsafe situations and initiates action.
- Delivers care in a nonjudgmental manner that is sensitive to patient diversity.
- Validates patient awareness of patient rights, and serves as a patient advocate.
- Recognizes ethical dilemmas in patient care and refers them to the Ethics Committee/Social Services as necessary.
- Provides and seeks information from health care team members regarding patient care.
- Open to and receptive of educational/growth opportunities and constructive feedback.
- Shows cooperative effort in sharing knowledge and skills with colleagues.
- Is flexible and adapts to changing department needs.
- Is respectful of coworkers and helps in facilitating open communication between departments.
- Completes assigned work in an accurate, efficient and productive manner and displays self-direction and imitative.
- Shows awareness and accountability of own attitude, experiences, and responses to daily interactions.
- Recognizes own accountability to the work environment and its patient outcomes and acts accordingly.
- Admits mistakes and looks for ways to prevent them in the future.
- Completes variance report when error or near miss occurs.
- Maintains personal appearance and self-presentation which reflects hospital policy.
- Participates in department meetings and projects.
- Supports unit and organizational process and quality improvement initiatives and participates as assigned.
- Practice reflects knowledge and integration of current professional practice standards, hospital policies and procedures, laws, regulations, Code of Ethics, evidence, and research.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Up to 1 Year of Clinical Experience required
- Kansas LRT License required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) required
- BLS through American Heart Association required
- Varian Trilogy Linear Accelerator, GE Discovery PET/CT scanner, MedRad Stellant CT Contrast Power Injector, ARIA record and verify system and ARIA and Cerner electronic medical records
- External Beam Radiation Therapy: 3-dimensional, electron, intensity modulated radiation therapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, and stereotactic body
- Brachytherapy: gynecologic cylinders, tandem and ovoids, endometrial, Syed, and SAVI breast irradiation
- Imaging: Megavoltage (MV), Kilovoltage (KV), and Cone Beam Computed Tomography
- Experience in GYN oncology as well as bariatric simulations and treatments
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.