AdventHealth Registered Nurse Outpatient Oncology Clinic PRN Days in Shawnee, Kansas
Registered Nurse Outpatient Oncology Clinic AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9301W. 74th Street #100, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- On-site, covered, free parking
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes the Nursing Process (Assess, Plan, Implement and Evaluate) to provide optimal patient care.
- Demonstrate accurate assessment skills appropriate to my patient population and based on evidence, policy and practice standards when caring for all patients regardless of complexity or need.
- Assure patient safety by adhering to established policies and procedures and utilizing patient safety resources such as mPPID. Implement a plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize nursing interventions based on patient needs and in conjunction with unit activities and resources available.
- Actively participate in bedside shift report, safety huddles, multidisciplinary patient rounds and hourly rounding to gather all information necessary to care for my patients, anticipate their needs and provide for a smooth hand-off to other members of the health care team.
- Provide patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Provide routine and specialized teaching/discharge planning throughout the patient stay to prepare the patient/family/significant other regain independence prior to discharge.
- Provide individualized teaching plan based on assessed learning needs, education level, language spoken and level of understanding.
- Provide patient and family/significant other with a completed Teaching/Discharge Plan which includes specific information regarding medications, follow-up and community resources as needed.
- Document all pertinent information (health history, assessment, test results, plan of care, teaching and patient response) in a timely manner according to departmental policy.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or obtained within 4 years of employment
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Previous Oncolgy Experience
The Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates the efforts of the multidisciplinary care team for the patients within his/her scope of responsibility. The RN provides direct patient care, collaborates with patients, families, peers, physicians and other members of the health care team in the delivery of care to a specific patient population. The RN utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) in order to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
The RN demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to professional accountability and growth. The RN strives to advance from novice to expert and become an evidence-based scholar in order to provide optimal patient care and advocate on behalf of his/her patients. The RN serves as a role model for the mission, vision and values of Shawnee Mission Health. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Kansas Nurse Practice Act, all regulatory standards and established policies, protocols and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.