AdventHealth Registered Nurse Patient Safety Coordinator in Shawnee, Kansas
Registered Nurse Patient Safety Coordinator AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74 th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
· Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
· Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
· Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
· Employee Referral Program
· Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full-time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Utilizes the Performance Improvement Model.
· Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills to deal with challenging situations while maintaining strong supportive relationships. Readily available for questions; handles requests in a courteous and respectful manner.
· Communicates effectively, both written and verbally.
· Demonstrates a proactive attitude and seeks to remedy situations before mistakes are made or corrects errors when found; takes responsibility for the overall “quality image” of the department.
· Ensures accuracy of data collection and submission; validates integrity of data collected.
· Develops data reports for projects, committees, hospital departments, medical staff departments, as designated.
· Knowledge of and utilizes statistical approaches, measurement techniques, including benchmark and comparative data to develop quality reports.
· Collects, aggregates, analyzes, summarizes and reports quality data for hospital organizational performance and physician performance data as indicates.
· Participates in hospital-wide outcomes and quality improvement initiatives/ performance improvement teams as indicated.
· Assists in efforts to improve and streamline the process and workflow of the department.
· Demonstrates the ability to set appropriate priorities.
· Recognizes how absence impacts the functioning of the healthcare team and strives to minimize this effect.
· When requested, is willing to adjust personal schedule in order to complete workload when necessary
· Attends educational offerings as needed to promote continuous learning and support to department
· Implements the objectives of Risk Management and Patient Safety Plan
· Working knowledge of the PSO (Patient Safety Organization)
· Reports potential risk management concerns to the risk manager
· Assists with ensuring the event reporting database is maintained with integrity, standardization of data and timely documentation consistent w/ AHS PSO standards and Kansas Risk Management statutes
· Effectively leads patient safety initiatives and adverse event improvements as appropriate
· Supports and encourages error reporting and near miss reporting throughout the organization.
· Leads and facilitates the PI teams, FMEAs, and RCAs as warranted.
· Coordinates assigned meetings to include review of agendas, notices, notebooks and minutes. Perform necessary follow-up based upon actions taken by the committee.
· Coordinates readiness and survey efforts for accreditation, certification, licensure or risk assessments and associated corrective action planning.
· Provides education formal and informal related to assigned areas
· Coordinates, investigates, and resolves patient and family concerns and grievances concerning the quality of care and services by following the formal grievance mechanism for the organization
· Responds to concerns and grievances through follow-up letters to patients and families within the CMS requirements and according to policy
· Maintains database utilized for tracking patient comments and grievances, ensuring timely and accurate entry and closure.
· Uses good communication skills and problem-solving techniques when communicating with patient’s families.
· Addresses opportunities for improvement with open, honest, outcome-oriented approach for success.
· Demonstrates excellent management, communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving, critical thinking, systems thinking, consulting, and team building skills.
· Ability to prioritize, plan and execute while pursuing various projects simultaneously.
· Working knowledge of The Joint Commission, CMS CoP’s, Kansas Risk Management statutes, and Patient Safety Organization (PSO) requirements.
· Cross trains to others’ assignments within the department to gain depth in duties and allow cross coverage.
What You Will Need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
· Kansas Registered Nurse License
· 2-5 Years of Experience
The Patient Safety Coordinator works with the Administrative Director of Quality, Risk and Safety (Risk Manager) for the hospital and administration to organize a systematic approach to patient safety and the patient advocacy program. This position assists with patient safety and risk management efforts, functions as an advisor, consultant, and advocate to patients, their families, and the hospital. In addition, the position assist with ensuring compliance with CMS Condition of Participation and The Joint Commission accreditation and Certifications.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.