RN Employee Health Part Time - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time Days Monday - Friday
Shift : 20 hours a week; Days (Rotating 2 day work week and 3 week work)
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission - Oakview Building
7312 Antioch; Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Employee Health Nurse (EHN) assists in the management of the Occupational Health program for AHSM and works with the Employee Health Manager to provide surveillance, management and record keeping for work-related health aspects of SMMC associates. This includes new hire physicals, infectious disease and exposures, work-related injury and illness, drug testing and federal, state and regulatory agency requirements. The EHN reports to the EH Manager and works with the EH team, Work Comp, SMMC Infectious Disease Consultant, Infection Control, Safety, Human Resources and Risk Management. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Completes timely and accurate quality assurance audits while adhering to inpatient and/or outpatient coding policies, procedures, and established audit schedule; translates quality auditing results into practical recommendations for improvements in further standardizing audit policies and procedures actionable recommendations for improvement
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs.
· Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations.
· Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing and new hire physicals to include, but not limited to height, weight, vitals, Titmus screen, Ishiara test, Whisper test, and FIT test. Draws blood as required for titers.
· Administers vaccine as needed. Reviews immunization records.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
· Kansas Registered Nurse License
· BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Employee Health
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23045895
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $25.11 - $40.178
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23045895
Job Family: Employee Health
Shift: 1 - Day