RN Radiation Oncology – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift : 40 Hours a week
Location: Santa Fe Building
9301 W 74th St, Suite 100 Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates the efforts of the multidisciplinary care team for the patients within his/her scope of responsibility. The RN provides direct patient care, collaborates with patients, families, peers, physicians and other members of the health care team in the delivery of care to a specific patient population. The RN utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) in order to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assure patient safety by adhering to established policies and procedures and utilizing patient safety resources such as mPPID. Implement a plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritize nursing interventions based on patient needs and in conjunction with unit activities and resources available.
· Actively participate in bedside shift report, safety huddles, multidisciplinary patient rounds and hourly rounding to gather all information necessary to care for my patients, anticipate their needs and provide for a smooth hand-off to other members of the health care team.
· Provide patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal patient outcomes.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Associate’s Degree in Nursing
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23025658
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 9301 W 74TH ST
Pay Range: $29 - $43.21
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23025658
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day