All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Received Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Employee Referral Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm, No Weekend, No Holiday, No Call, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Location: 9100 W 74TH ST, Shawnee Mission, 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Inpatient Wound-Ostomy Clinical Specialist, through education and experience, has knowledge of a specific patient population, Wound Patients, and uses clinical expertise, critical thinking skills, and theories and models of nursing practice to positively influence patient outcomes. The Inpatient Wound-Ostomy Clinical Specialist is a registered nurse who provides consultation to influence the interdisciplinary plan of care for patients, enhance the abilities of others, and effect change in the system.
The Inpatient Wound-Ostomy Clinical Specialist serves as a resource re: patient issues, providing education to patients/families/staff/community, and providing specialty direct care.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Consults as advanced practice leader to facilitate the practice of staff nurses and/or provide appropriate care for patients with difficult or chronic wounds including completion and documentation of detailed ostomy and wound assessments, consistent wound photography and direct patient care.
· Consults as advanced practice leader to facilitate the practice of staff nurses and/or provide appropriate care for patients with alterations related to stomas wounds.
· Demonstrates, teaches and role models proper technique for specialty dressings, wound procedures, stoma markings and appliance fittings.
· Provides appropriate care for patients of all ages with urostomy, ileostomy, colostomy, wound or skin problems including timely completion and accurate documentation of assessments, interventions, education of patient/significant others.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Kansas Registered Nurse License
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or obtained within 4 years of employment
· Wound Nurse Certification through a National Certification Organization ie: WOCN, WCEI-Relias or NAWCCB
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Wound Care
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23032564
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $31.771 - $50.834
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23032564
Job Family: Wound Care
Shift: 1 - Day