AdventHealth Server Food and Nutrition PT in Shawnee, Kansas
Food Server Ambassador AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74thStreet, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Available Day One
Part Time 20 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates organization, time management and multi-tasking skills necessary to produce food items to be ready for service.
- Demonstrates consistency in following job specific routines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to perform job functions and personal interactions.
- Is able to use all communication tools and methods necessary to complete required tasks.
- Understands recipes/production sheets/guides sheets and is able to adjust based on patient census or other variables.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safe internal food temperatures.
- Identifies problems in a timely manner to the Team Leader, Chef or Manager as appropriate.
- Ensures prompt response to requests for products and follows up if delays or product availability problems are identified.
- Assumes additional responsibilities to support team efforts when necessary.
- Produces quality food (flavor, appearance, temperature) following standardized recipes in a timely manner.
- Ensures all food prior to and during service is evaluated for optimal food quality including taste testing.
- Maintains professional behavior and appearance at all times in the workplace through grooming, dress, language and non-verbal behavior.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills for appropriate communication and courtesy using AIDET in customer interaction and LAST in service recovery situations.
- Understands and utilizes "managing up" products, services, associates, departments.
- Serves meals, snacks, and nourishments to patients in a courteous and timely manner and assists the patient needing assistance opening containers, arranging tray, etc.
- Understands basic diet information and is able to assist patients' requests, check with diet office and/or refer to appropriate dietitian.
- Strives to go above and beyond the customer's expectations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Touch Point dining for Menu Selection.
- Demonstrates understanding of floor stock procedures to ensure galleys are appropriately stocked and cleaned
What You Will Need:
· No Previous Experience is Required
The Nutrition Services Ambassador I assists in nutritional care of patients with emphasis on hospitality. In this capacity the individual delivers meals to patients in a professional, cheerful, caring manner to ensure that the patient is very satisfied with their meals and service; instructs patients on meal ordering system; assisting patients in placing meal orders; provides non-clinical information to patients regarding modified diets; and transports patient/child care tray carts. May stock patient care areas with food and supplies as well as clean equipment. May be responsible for the preparation/assembly of food items for patients. May be responsible for the operating, loading and unloading of the dish machine. Demonstrate excellent customer service to patients and responds promptly to patient needs
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.