Sous Chef – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Flexible to work an 8-hour shift between 5am – 7:30pm
Shift : Days
Location: 9100 W 74TH ST, Shawnee Mission, 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef Manager of FANS, provides supervision to ensure overall customer satisfaction with Retail and Patient food and nutritional services. Responsible for the supervision of staff and ensuring a clean and sanitary kitchens and café for patients, visitors, and staff.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Under the supervision of the Executive Chef Manager, the Sous Chef, plans, organizes, supervises, coordinates and controls the operational activities of the Food and Nutritional Services Department, to include staffing, creating schedules and ensuring productivity standards are met.
· Oversees the purchasing, storing, receiving, and issuing of food and supplies
· Supervises food preparation by staff and proper presentation of foods in conjunction with the Chef Manager.
· Responsible for high standards of sanitation in the department. Ensures compliance with all staff.
· Ensures the orientation and ongoing education of all Food Service Cook employees.
Completes performance evaluations timely and is involved in employee counseling, coaching and termination per policy.
· Provides orientation for new employees and ensures compliance with department policy and procedure.
· Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
· In collaboration with FANS Director, helps Executive Chef Manager execute the budget for Food Services to insure proper food and supply ordering and contract compliance.
· Monitors work quality through department rounding and use of inspection checklists/reports
· Responsible for complying with all applicable state and federal regulations and regulatory body standards.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of purchasing operations, food service, or a related field to acquire appropriate knowledge of food service operations and budgetary control
· Knowledge of recipe development, product knowledge, meat cutting skills, garnishing skills, and soup stocks and soup development knowledge
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Three years of relevant experience
· A high School diploma or GED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associates Degree
· Three years of Supervisory experience in a relevant setting
· Experience to include operational supervision, personnel supervision, quality control, inventory systems, and fiscal management, or an equivalent combination of relevant educations and/or experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Culinary Arts Certificate if applicable to state
· ServSafe Manager Certification or equivalent
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24003426
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $19.852 - $31.763
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24003426
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day