AdventHealth Surgical Tech II Surgery Center FT Days in Shawnee, Kansas
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- On-site, covered, free parking
- Prepare for surgical procedures using the surgeon preference card and obtain supplies and instruments for the procedure.
- Practice sterile and aseptic technique as demonstrated by proper surgical hand scrub, preparation of mayo stand, back table and other sterile surfaces including the draping of the patient.
- Safely manage instrumentation and equipment during the surgical procedure.
- Manage countable items on the surgical field so as to avoid retained surgical items.
- Perform post case clean up and proper care of instrumentation
- Perform patient care including but not limited to medication management on the sterile field, dressing application and assisting with positioning as needed.
- Practice professional accountability by teamwork practices, communication practices and obtaining information and skill when deficits are recognized.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited school for Surgical Technology preferred
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) preferred
- No Previous Experience Required
- 1-2 years of position-related experience preferred
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.