AdventHealth VP CNO Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Shawnee, Kansas
If you want to be a part of a place that provides nothing less than extraordinary compassionate care, then AdventHealth is the place for you!
As a faith-based organization, it is the intention of AdventHealth to identify and employ Executive leaders who are professionally competent and who provide leadership that is consistent with our mission. It is required that the candidate serve the mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ and demonstrate proficiency in the AdventHealth executive leadership competencies.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) position at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, located in Overland Park, Kansas.
The Chief Nursing Officer is a registered professional nurse with comprehensive responsibility for the assessment, problem identification, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and coordination of all processes which impact the quality and quantity of care delivered to the patients at their assigned facility. The CNO is responsible for employing strategies to foster health promotion, health teaching, and the provision of educational services and resources. Provides consultation to influence identified plans, enhance the abilities of others, and affect change in the organization. Under the CNO’s guidance, evaluation of outcomes is completed in order to assure that the quality of practice delivered by the facility is directed at improving care delivery and population outcomes. He/she interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peer and colleagues and collaborates with all levels of nursing staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders. Assures the integration of ethical provisions in all areas of practice, integrates research findings into practice, and considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact of resources utilized in the planning and delivery of nursing and other services. Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession, and acts as an advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nurses, and other professions and institutions and organizations, especially related to health and safety. Adheres to the ANA Code of Ethics, the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice, and the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Principle Duties and Job Responsibilities :
· Communication – Produces cogent and persuasive written materials and verbal presentations to address nursing, health care, and organizational issues appropriate to the audience. Builds trusting relationships with staff, peers, other disciplines and ancillary services, physicians, vendors, community leaders, legislators, and academic providers.
· Relationship Building - Demonstrates the ability to influence behaviors, creates an environment which recognizes and values differences in staff, physicians, patients, and communities through championing diversity and cultural competency in the organization.
· Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment – Maintains knowledge of current clinical practice and articulates patient care standards as published by the DNV (regulatory agency), CMS, and professional nursing literature. Understands, articulates, and ensures compliance with the state’s nursing legislation and state board regulations, regulatory agency standards, and policies of the organization.
· Clinical Practice - Articulates knowledge of patient care delivery systems, serves as a change agent when patient care work/workflow is redesigned, and determines the appropriateness of new delivery models which are instituted.
· Regulatory - Monitors and educates others in relation to health care policy and interprets the impact of state and federal regulations on nursing in the organization.
· Leadership - Possesses foundational and critical thinking skills that allow them to address ideas, beliefs, or viewpoints of others.
· Professionalism - Serves as a role model for the mission and values held by AdventHealth and the nursing profession. Ensures both are embedded in the planning and delivery of patient care services.
· Business Skills - Articulates business models for healthcare organizations and fundamental concepts of economics.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Required :
· Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) at the time of promotion/hire.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN); OR
· Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) and Master’s degree in relevant field.
· Current registration with the State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
If this position sounds like a great match for your skills set and experience, please apply online now!
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.