AdventHealth SPD Tech Evenings $5,000 Sign On $3,000 Relo in St. Augustine, Florida
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Pkwy, Palm Coast, FL 32164
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Decontaminates all surgical instruments and equipment immediately after surgery. Maintains adequate turnaround of instruments and equipment trays in the event of urgent or emergency needs.
- Selects appropriate disinfectants, detergents, sterilization methods and decontamination devices according to device type and applicable instructions for use.
- Inspects, assembles instrument and equipment trays in a timely manner to assure all necessary instruments are present, according to the count sheets, and notifies manager or Lead technician of any deviations.
- Selects proper packaging and sterilization methods as appropriate to the instrumentation.
- Properly loads and unloads sterilizer to ensure items will be exposed to proper sterilization conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certification in Sterile Processing Principles or related professional certification required within 1 year of hire or transfer into the department.
Responsible for the manual and mechanical decontamination, preparation and sterilization of products, instruments and equipment. Complies with all policies and procedures regarding sterilization, decontamination as it applies to Infection Control, and safety. Participates in routine inspection and monitoring of instrumentation/equipment and assists in the preventative maintenance of Sterile Processing (SPD) equipment. Assesses Keeps surgical instrumentation and endoscopes for in good working order and notifies the shift Lead Technician/Manager of necessary repairs. Assists the shift Lead Technicians/Manager in maintaining essential departmental supplies as directed. Assembles instruments trays/equipment sets according to count sheets/Impress scanning ensuring instrument trays are complete, accurate and in good condition. Notifies the shift Lead Tech/Manager of lost/damaged instruments. Communicates as indicated/directed with departmental supervisory/unit personnel that applicable supply, instruments and equipment provided by SPD is available and ready for scheduled and emergency surgical cases. Orders and receives essential supply stock as directed. Inventories and restocks surgical supplies in SPD and CVOR/OR specialty carts according to par levels. When assigned in the role of assembling daily case cart surgical supplies the SPD Technician notifies SPD Manager and/or Database Coordinator of needed updates to Surgeonâ€™s preference cards. In the assigned role as SPD supply technician, applicable supply PAR levels are monitored and replenished as directed.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.