AdventHealthAA* Surgical Schedule Coord Full Time Days 8:30a - 5p Tampa in
Surgical Schedule Coordinator at AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days 40 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assures that surgical information is accurate and complete and submitted via the computer system to all surgical areas and other department requiring notification, accepts and documents all special requests.
· Verifies all request for specific anesthesiologists and monitors anesthesia schedule for any conflicts, assures effective utilization of the surgical suites and anesthesia time/procedures.
· Utilizes and maintains the standby schedule to replace patient canceled from the daily schedule, communicates planned schedule changes and coordinates requested support services such as imaging.
· Verifies surgery schedule, including patient admission status, in all surgical areas, works varied shifts as requested by manager.
· Calls in the OR teams for MOR, CVOR, WCOR, CWOR and Endoscopy for emergency cases.
· Take call-off for all departments and notify department managers.
· Responsible for after-hours scheduling of emergency add-ons and next day add-ons/changes.
· Contact case cart for emergencies.
· Other duties as scheduled by manager.
What You Will Need:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Proficient with computer programs with word processing: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Cerner.
· Demonstrates interpersonal skills by effectively communicating with all levels of management and outside vendors and medical office staff.
· Strong emphasis on organizational skills and strong attention to detail and ability and willingness to multi task.
· Ability to deal with data that is of a sensitive and confidential nature.
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Displays professional interactions with all levels of internal and external customers as demonstrated by work history and interview process.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by application resume, work history and interview process.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successful accomplish the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Graduate or Equivalent
· Minimum of one year of secretarial/scheduling experience with one year in an acute care hospital setting.
· Proficient in computer and typing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associates Degree or Business School certificate
· Experience in an acute care hospital setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Responsible for assisting with the coordination of the Surgical Suite Traffic and the scheduling of surgical cases for MOR, ODSC, CVOR, WCOR, and Endoscopy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.