AdventHealth Administrative Director of Nursing & Patient Care Services (RN) - Full Time Days - Carrollwood in Tampa, Florida
Administrative Director of Nursing & Patient Care Services (RN)
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
· Family-like culture
· Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
· Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
- Full Time/Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and nursing services in units assigned, analyzing appropriate internal and external data and information to identify opportunities in collaboration with stakeholders for improving services and patient outcomes.
· Evaluates her/his own performance based on professional practice standards, relevant studies and regulations, and organizational criteria identifying areas of strength, as well as areas for professional/practice development.
· Decisions and actions are based on ethical principles and foster a no-discriminatory climate and in which is delivered in a manner sensitive to socio-cultural diversity.
· Promotes integrating evidence-based knowledge into the identification of best practice in the delivery of nursing care to the appropriate population.
· Promotes and monitors regulatory agency standards and customer service expectations for the practice of all aspects of nursing within units assigned.
· Ensures availability and operation of necessary equipment and supplies for patient care.
· Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct department functions and activities to ensure services are provided in accordance with the established AHS standards, regulatory and legal requirements. Ensures the continuity of care is maintained.
· Develops, reviews, revises, submits, and implements policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for all units assigned operation. Ensure that policies and procedures are current and updated to comply with hospital regulation. Assure compliance with established standards and regulatory requirements.
· Ensures necessary staffing is provided for all shifts of operation of the units assigned by monitoring, evaluating, and modifying staffing patterns utilizing national staffing guidelines and departmental staffing plan.
· Collaborators with House Supervisors, Staffing Office and/or Nurse Managers to evaluate work schedules as needed to ensure adequate coverage on all shifts.
· Prepares, monitors, and adjusts annual departmental operating and capital budget in conjunction with Administration to assure cost effective utilization of personnel, equipment, and supplies while maintaining quality patient care. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, explaining variances.
· Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services to improve quality of patient care and utilization of staff time. Monitors productivity of all units assigned. Approves assigned personnel’s bi-weekly payroll and submits productivity stats each payroll period.
· Will assist in new hire interviews and completing requirements to process new hires with Talent Acquisition.
· Cultivates an atmosphere that promotes recruitment, retention, employee appreciation and engagement. Promotes positive employee relations. Establishes and maintains a climate in which personnel can attain their maximum potential in performance.
· Prepares, reviews, and conducts personnel performance evaluations.
· Approves and contributes to the orientation and education programs for assigned personnel. Coordinates the educational activities of the assigned personnel with the Education department. Communicates new/revised protocols, guidelines, and standards to assigned units/personnel. Creates an environment of professional growth and development.
· Effectively intercede with family and patients and resolve concerns related to the delivery of health care services
· As applicable, in collaboration with Human Resources and Employee Relations, investigates, resolves, and documents with tact and diplomacy the resolution of complaints or incidents concerning patients, visitors, nursing staff, or other customers. Counsels employees when appropriate and collaborates with the Nurse Managers, Human Resources and/or Employee Relations when needed.
· Serve on various hospital committees, attends leadership meetings as scheduled.
· Monitors, implements, and participates in continuous quality improvement processes regarding topics pertinent to the units assigned. Communicates with various departments, department leaders, to resolve operational problems and improve quality of services.
· Directs maintenance of departmental facilities, equipment, and supplies in a condition to promote efficiency, health, comfort and safety to patients and staff.
· Abides by all HIPAA regulations and maintains confidentiality according to hospital policy. Ensures accurate maintenance of patients’ medical records.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Participates in the process of developing a challenging and realistic vision for Patient Care Services, ensuring that the vision reflects institutional and individual values and ideas; establishes specific goals to help people connect the vision to the necessary actions and long-term strategies.
· Collaborate with nursing staff at all levels, interdisciplinary teams, executive officers, and other stakeholders in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services.
· Develop and implement recruitment and retention and programs for staff collaborating with Human Resources and/or Shared Services.
· Evaluate factors related to safety, outcomes, effectiveness, cost, and social impact when developing and implementing practice innovations.
· Delegate responsibilities appropriate to licensure, education, and experience of staff.
· Utilize evidence-based practice to develop and implement standards of practice that guide practice improvement initiatives.
· Recognize the diverse skill levels of individual staff members and the unique needs of the patient population when developing staffing plans.
· Serves as a professional role model and mentor to nursing staff.
· Actively participates in process improvement, quality improvement, safety and educational committees as delegated.
· Recognizes his/her own reaction to change and strives to remain open to new ideas and approaches. Serves as a change agent by assisting others in understanding the importance of the change, the impact and process of change, while providing support to the staff.
· Adapts leadership style to situational needs.
· Creates an environment that facilitates the team to initiate actions that produce results, holding self and others accountable for actions and outcomes.
· Creates an environment in which others are setting expectations and holding each other accountable.
· Develops own career plan and measures progress to that plan
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of inpatient operations, nursing principles and the nursing process
· Demonstrates knowledge of Patient Experience initiatives.
· Perform effectively in stressful situations. Use effective communication skills
· Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions
· Basic and intermediate computer skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare-related field
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Minimum of 5 years of full time practice in acute care nursing
· Minimum of 3 years supervisory or management experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Experience with Cerner EHR
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Florida
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- The Administrative Director, Patient Care Services is responsible for the oversight of inpatient services (ICU, PCU, 5East, 4East, 2South, Nursing Supervisors and Staffing Office). The Administrative Director administers the operational, fiscal, human resource, and staffing components of the department. Management functions include responsibility for the development, organization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the quality and patient safety policies, procedures, projects and programs established to support the organization’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan. The Administrative Director of Nursing & Patient Care Services is responsible for the mentoring, guiding and assisting in meeting patient experience goals and staff engagement as well as working with Quality and Patient Safety to achieve and maintain of Joint Commission accreditation including survey preparation, survey coordination and survey follow up activities. Each area reporting up to the Administrative Director has a Manager/Assistant nurse manager with direct responsibility for the area. Responsible for providing support to the CNO and the nursing division.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.