All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
· AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
Prepares and maintains the surgical area, scrubs and is first assistant to the physician during procedures, assists the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR and assists in the training of others and functions as a resource within the department.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Positioning the patient
· Providing visualization of the operative site by the following:o Appropriate placement and securing of retractors with or without padding o Packing with sponges
· Utilizing appropriate techniques to assist with hemostasis
· Participating in volume replacement or auto-transfusion techniques as appropriate
· Utilizing appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body planes
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High School education or equivalent
· Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Course
· Minimum six years’ experience as a CST/CFA (CST experience calculated as ½ years experience).
· Specialist in at least 3 major surgical specialties (Orthopedics and Neurosurgery/Spine) and Robotics.
· Certification as a First Assistant by one of the following: National Board of Surgical Technician and Surgical Assistant (NBSTA) or American Board of Surgical Assistant. (ABSA) or National Commission for the Certification of Surgical Assistant (NCCSA)
· American Hearlth BLS
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24003999
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $33.40 - $50.1024
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 24003999
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day