AdventHealth Adventhealth Paramedic Full Time Various Shift - Tampa, FL in Tampa, Florida
Paramedic AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Assists nurse with assigned patients
- Provides care to patients in accordance with standards of care:
- Provides assistance with basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living.
- Reports change of condition changes, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family to the nurse (i.e. vital signs, Intake/Output).
- Interprets arrhythmias, documents and initiates treatment within the scope of practice in the ED
- Performs NIHSS initials and subsequent scoring of stroke patients.
- Begins initial gathering of data of ambulance and/or patients transferred from triage
- Administers ACLS medications in a code situation under the supervision of the RN and per the approved hospital list
- Assists in maintaining patient skin integrity by:
- Turning and repositioning patient according to policy.
- Utilizing identified skin products according to Skin Protocol.
- Notifies nurse if skin breakdown observed
- Performs urinary catheterization using sterile technique, to include specimen collection and documents
- Removes Urinary Catheters and documents.
- Reports observations to nurse
- High school education or equivalent
- Completion of a formal paramedic training program
- Florida State Certification as a Paramedic
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.