Opportunities in the ICU – AdventHealth Tampa At
AdventHealth we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts, it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
We are looking for PA’s and APRN’s to serve as members of our expanding critical care team. The APP assist in management of critically ill patients in our medical, neurosurgical, surgical and cardiovascular ICU. The ideal candidate would apply specialized skills and knowledge related to ICU settings to contribute to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting and provides leadership to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The APP would be expected to complete the following under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital:
• Assess patients for changes in condition and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency care.
• Procedures performed but not limited to: arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, airway management, and defibrillation
• Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
• Ability to provide in-hospital coverage
• Hours - 7 AM – 7 PM • 14 (12-hour) shifts required per month in block schedule
• The shifts will include weekends and holiday rotation, split among APPs.
• Campus: AdventHealth Tampa
Experience and Requirements:
• Experience as an APRN or PA in Critical Care
• Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with Acute Care Certification (Required)
• Board Certification through NCCPA, ANCC or AACN
• Experience with Mechanical Circulatory Support, Cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery (highly preferred)
• BLS, ACLS, CALS, FCCS, certifications or eligible
Benefits of Working with AdventHealth
• Relocation Assistance
• Competitive salary with annual incentive and extra shift and night shift potential • 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
• CME allowance
• Occurrence Based Malpractice
• First day health insurance
• Paid Leave days
Located in the city's uptown district, AdventHealth Tampa is a 626-bed tertiary hospital serving Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas and the surrounding counties. The hospital is a known leader in implementing minimally invasive and robotic-assisted procedures and will soon open the Taneja Center for Surgery, a new six-story, state-of-the-art surgical and patient tower. It's also home to the renowned AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, a recognized leader in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and leading-edge research for over 30 years. Other specialty services include 24-hour emergency care for adults and pediatrics, cardiovascular medicine, digestive health, neuroscience, orthopedics, women's services, pediatrics, oncology, endocrinology, bariatrics, wound healing and sleep medicine.
The population of Tampa is approximately 392,800 making it the 3rd largest city in Florida and the 53rd largest city in the United States. Tampa is part of the metropolitan area most commonly referred to as the "Tampa Bay Area" which has an approximate population of 3.1 million. It is located on the west coast of Florida with an average annual temperature of 73.1 degrees. Tampa's economy is founded on a diverse base that includes tourism, agriculture, construction, finance, health care, government, technology, and the port of Tampa which is the largest port in the state of Florida. Tampa is also home to the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You will also find other professional sports teams for baseball, hockey and major league soccer. When not at work or enjoying a night out locally you take a break on some of Florida's most popular shorelines, including Clearwater Beach, Honeymoon Island State Park and Treasure Island are located less than an hour from downtown Tampa. Start your life-changing journey today!
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: TAM-A010-HB-CritCare-New
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: TAM-A010-HB-CritCare-New
Job Family: Physician Services