AdventHealth Anesthesia Technician Full Time Days Tampa in Tampa, Florida
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
PERFORMS SUPPORTIVE PATIENT CARE FUNCTIONS:
· Assists in positioning, lifting, and restraining patients using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
· Transports patients to and from procedure area as needed, observing proper safety techniques.
· Informs the appropriate nurse of requests, problems or concerns relating to the patient or pertaining to the perioperative environment.
· Provides for the patients’ needs based upon such factors as diagnosis, age, and cultural background. Patient population includes patients of all ages from newborns through the geriatric population.
· The Anesthesia Tech, under the direction of the Anesthesiologist or CRNA, assists anesthesia professional staff as requested with preparation of patients and equipment for procedures including, but not limited to: preparation of pulmonary artery catheters, central venous access, arterial line insertion, spinal/regional anesthesia, IV fluids, pressure monitoring lines, and/or intubation equipment and is familiar with the ASA Difficult Airway Algorithm.
· Makes available, assembles, and assists with operation of specialized equipment such as humidification units; fiberoptic endoscopic equipment; rapid infusion devices/blood warmers; patient warming devices; neuromuscular devices; infusion pumps and syringes. Specific to Cardiac and Thoracic Procedural areas are the double lumen endobronchial tube and the Transesophageal Echocardiography probe.
· Assists the anesthesiologist or CRNA with the completion of accurate patient charges within appropriate time frame.
· Properly applies basic monitoring and assess proper functioning of the following: ECG, pulse
oximeter, automatic and manual blood pressure cuff, temperature probes, ETCO2 monitor, PNS monitors.
· Takes and records vital signs; reports findings or abnormalities to the nurse.
· Assembles and delivers equipment and supplies for out of department procedures (e.g., MRI, radiology, litho, endo, etc.).
· Aware of location of crash cart and able to initiate CPR.
· Transports blood, x-rays, specimens, supplies, and/or equipment to destinations.
· Removes soiled instrumentation from the OR or other perioperative area and transports to Central Sterile Processing decontamination area.
· Appropriately bags/disposes of contaminated linen and waste, labeling according to policy
· Assists with room turnover, including cleaning and disinfection of anesthesia equipment, room equipment, OR tables, and floors.
· Provides anesthesia supplies (except medications) and equipment appropriate for the scheduled case.
· Changes circuits and suction container and tubing between cases.
· Calibrates, troubleshoots and provides routine maintenance and care of anesthesia equipment.
· Identifies unsafe or defective instruments/equipment and implements appropriate corrective actions.
· Maintains PAR levels for anesthesia related supplies (excluding medications) in all perioperative areas and in anesthesia work room.
· Assists with inventory control of anesthesia products.
· Properly maintains the following equipment: gas machines, lines set-ups, warming blankets or devices, endotracheal tubes, fiber optic equipment, pulse oximeter, and TEE probes and machine.
· Inventories, orders and maintains departmental supply stock consistent with departmental demand. Cognizant of where supplies are kept and obtains and stocks them accordingly. Maintains the sterile supplies and medications within the expiration date. Ensures medications are secured at all
times. Properly disposes of used medications. Monitors refrigerators utilized for stock of medications.
Monitors blanket and fluid warmers and documents logs appropriately.
· Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information, including written, verbal, and observed.
· Reviews hospital safety, infection control, risk management, and biohazardous waste programs annually and as indicated.
· Utilizes time productively to accomplish duties in necessary time frame.
· Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
· Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills preferred.
· A minimum of six months experience in a perioperative setting preferred.
· Previous mechanical and/or electrical skills preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Conduct themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times.
· Demonstrate patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior.
· Take responsibility for decisions, actions and results and deliver on commitments.
· Cooperate and collaborate with team members and others.
· Comply with the Employee Code of Conduct and all other Hospital Institutional Policies and Procedures.
· Demonstrate compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Promote evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
Performs specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care in the assigned unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.