AdventHealth APRN Readmissions Coordinator Full Time Days Tampa in Tampa, Florida
APRN Readmissions Coordinator AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days
What You Will Need:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Advanced Nursing Care, knowledge and skills.
- Ability to lead, support and build on current efforts of the readmission reduction program.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, integrity and diplomacy.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills required for effective and creative leadership in working with all levels of the organization including physicians, committees, senior management, and trustees, as well as patients and their families.
- Effective oral and communication skills.
- Proficient use of Excel and Word systems.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Master of Science Degree with concentration in nursing.
- Licensure as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in the State of Florida.
- BLS upon hire
- ACLS upon hire
- 2 hours Stroke education within 6 months of hire date, then 1 hour annually
The Readmission Coordinator, in collaboration with the case management director, will implement Florida Hospital Tampa’s Readmission Prevention Program targeted to reduce the number of patients who are readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of discharge. Patients will be identified by various methods including collaborating with the Transition of Care Team members, Care Navigation, Social Work and Medical Providers. Transitional management will be provided to the patients who have the highest risk for readmission and strategies will be appropriate to that level.
In collaboration with the Supervising Physician, the Readmission Coordinator may oversee and provide services in the hospital-based clinic.
The Readmission Coordinator works as part of an interdisciplinary team including the supervising physician, medical providers, transition of care team, nursing leadership, nursing staff, pharmacists, home care liaisons. The scope consists of inpatient, outpatient and emergency room patients.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.