AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manager MedSurg Days Tele in Tampa, Florida
ANM AdventHealth Carrollwood
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
- Promotes and validates AIDET compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
- Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
- Adheres to FHCW standards for dress and professional appearance .
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Possess a broad nursing knowledge, leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently.
- Possess insight for employee growth and development and the ability to do effective impartial counseling.
- Must have working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
- Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
- Must be able to use all systems as required on unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Minimum of three years acute care nursing experience
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- BSN preferred
- National certification in specialty preferred
Two years of experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
- BLS, ACLS
- The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness. The
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients’ diagnosis, plan of care and core measures.
Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Coordinates staff educational needs.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Carrollwood
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.