All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for: Adventhealth Tampa
· AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get with The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
Coordinates the completion of all birth and select death certificates. Monitors QI efforts involving statistics, Nurse Manager and AVP of Women’s & Children’s Services.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Accurately completes the official birth certificate for every infant born at Florida Hospital Tampa and select death certificates in conjunction with Patient Placement as appropriate.
· Conducts the second interview with the patients to review the information as correct and have the mother authenticate the infant’s birth certificate.
· Enters and submits the birth certificates and death certificates to the Bureau of Vital Statistics within five days of birth.
· Updates the infant’s name in the computer system after discharge.
· Ensures the accurate and timely submission of monthly statistical reports to the State of Florida, as required by law.
· Assist with room audits for Safe Sleep initiative when time allows.
· Cross-trained to Patient Unit Coordinator role on MBU to assist as needed
· Other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High School diploma
· Computer skills required.
· Excellent communication skills, customer service or related experience
· Notary Public, required for notarizing paternity paperwork
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Prior medical record experience
· Prior experience with electronic birth certificate completion
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Health Information Management
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23030732
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 3100 E FLETCHER AVE
Pay Range: $17.201 - $17.201
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23030732
Job Family: Health Information Management
Shift: 1 - Day