AdventHealth Certified Surgical First Assist Full Time Days $10000 Sign On Bonus Tampa in Tampa, Florida
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Utilizes physician preference cards to set up operating suites. May update and route cards appropriately, when instructed
- Determines appropriate surgical equipment and supplies, based on physician’s preference
- Achieves temporary and permanent hemostasis by applying appropriate techniques
- Assists with body plane closures, wound dressing applications, and securing drainage systems
- Positions patients appropriately, uses stabilizing equipment when necessary, and prioritizes patient comfort and safety
- Provides visualization for operative sites by applying appropriate methods, which includes tissue manipulation, retraction, sponging, suction, and irrigation
- Assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times in an efficient and organized manner
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Certified Surgical Technologist First Assist
- Current certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) as a Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA), or through the National Surgical Association as a Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA)
- American Board of Surgical Assistants (ABSA)
Assists surgeons in preparation for and during surgical procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.