CNA at AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Full Time Nights 36 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed relative to his or her age specific needs. Provides the care/services needed as described in the policies and procedure for the following age groups:
Adolescent: 13 years to 17 years
Adult: 18 years to 64 years
Geriatric: -65+ years
2. Maximum amount of heavy physical labor, lifting, pulling, standing and walking.
3. The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
4. Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
5. Data collection concerning the health status of the patient is precise, continuous, accessible, readable, communicated and recorded.
6. Assumes direct patient care responsibilities to assigned patients in an efficient, organized manner.
7. Keeps patient rooms and work area safe, uncluttered and neat at all times.
9. Reports all unusual occurrences and changes in patient status to the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
10. Answers patient call lights immediately.
11. Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
12. Actively participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary performance improvement activities.
13. Accepts extended responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Charge Nurse/Nurse Leader/House Manager/Director
What You Will Need:
· Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
· Proficient at basic computer skills
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Training Program and/or completion of first semester of RN program.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
· CPR Certification within 90 days of hire.
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
FUNDAMENTAL INSTITUTIONAL EXPECTATIONS
Corporate Compliance Program:
· Complies with the Employee Code of Ethics, Employee Guidelines/Policies
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Verbalizes understanding of reporting process of any actual or perceived violation.
· Recognizes incidents as defined and described in the Hospitals Institutional Policies and Procedures
· Understands the method and reasoning for reporting incidents.
· Demonstrates ability to complete the Hospitals Incident Report Form.
· Assists others in recognizing and reducing risk within the department or other areas of the Hospital.
Environment of Care/Infection Control:
· Follows hospital and departmental Safety policies and procedures.
· Wears nametag identification and is aware of role in minimizing Security incidents.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Hazardous Materials and Waste Program, including procedures to follow in case of spill.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Life Safety Program and participates in Fire Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness Program, participates in Disaster Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Medical Equipment Program and how to report malfunctioning equipment
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Utility Systems Program and the department(s) response to utility failure.
· Follows hospital and departmental Infection Control policies and procedures.
Participates in the Program for Improving Quality
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Quality Improvement Teams and the hospital wide Quality Coordinating Council.
Is Knowledgeable and Complies with the Stated Institutional Activities and Expectations
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Maintains satisfactory work attendance
· Promotes evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
The Certified Nursing Assistant, under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse, assumes responsibility for direct patient care. Through knowledge and assessment of the individual patient, provides patient care in a clean and safe environment. Reports patient needs and changes in the patient status to the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse. Represents the Department of Patient Care Services in a professional and courteous manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.