AdventHealth CNO - AdventHealth Carrollwood in Tampa, Florida
If you want to be a part of a place that provides nothing less than extraordinary compassionate care, then AdventHealth is the place for you!
As a faith-based organization, it is the intention of AdventHealth to identify and employ Executive leaders who are professionally competent and who provide leadership that is consistent with our mission. It is required that the candidate serve the mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ and demonstrate proficiency in the AdventHealth executive leadership competencies.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) position at AdventHealth Carrollwood located in Tampa, Florida.
The CNO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure effective and efficient systems, processes, and people are in place that allow the organization to fulfill its mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. The CNO, in collaboration with other executive team members, develops and leads the short and long-term strategic direction of the organization for nursing. Responsibilities include continuous improvement of nursing services and nurse development to meet the needs and expectations of those served by the hospital. Drives, supports and models a service-oriented culture, focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, service excellence, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient experience. Builds and supports effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders.
Principle Duties and Job Responsibilities :
· Participates in key decisions regarding organizational strategies and direction. In collaboration with other executive team members, develops and executes strategies and plans for the organization to achieve performance and growth expected.
· Formulates and implements strategies and operational plans to improve performance in quality, safety, patient experience, physician partnerships, financial sustainability, and the design of the health care systems of the future.
· Participates with the governing body, management, medical staff and clinical leaders in the hospital’s decision-making structure and processes.
· Has accountability, authority and responsibility for nursing service.
· Accountable for implementing an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve the quality of nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
· Sets comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
· Utilizes and maximizes effective systems for resource management in nursing, including patient acuity and staffing application.
· Accountable for the development of the budget for patient care services.
· Communicates organizational objectives, strategies and plans to leaders and staff.
· Motivates and leads a high performing, diverse leadership team; attracts recruits and retains directors in assigned areas; provides coaching and professional development opportunities and serves as a resource.
· Leads a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically competent, efficient and compassionate care and services in a professionally challenging work environment.
· Develops and implements a succession plan for nursing leadership.
· Generates and encourages innovation and creative solutions to solve complex clinical issues.
· Creates an effective working environment where team-building is emphasized.
· Strategically and creatively develops programs with colleges and universities to increase available clinical workforce.
· Accountable to represent the professional discipline of nursing and act as their spokesperson.
· Supports and upholds scope of practice, professional standards, compliance efforts, regulatory readiness and the prevention and mitigation of risk.
· Accountable for establishing nursing policies and procedures, and implementing nursing standards of patient care, treatment and services.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Required :
· Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) required; Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or relevant field preferred
· Ten (10) years’ experience in nursing with five (5) years in leadership roles in comparable healthcare setting
· Current Florida license as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure endorsement
· Competence in nursing with skills/training/experience in Health Care/Nursing management
· National certification in Nursing Administration (preferred)
· Leadership skills including communication, team-building, and prioritizing
· Effective verbal, oral and written communication skills
· Able to read, write and speak English
· Able to work independently, show initiative, act proactively to address issues or concerns, and meet timelines
· Financial skills including budgeting, analyzing, and planning
· Excellent knowledge of health care delivery system, nursing theory and practice, and legal regulations
· Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
If this position sounds like a great match for your skills set and experience, please apply online now!
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.