All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
· AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Director, Emergency Deparmtent ensures 24-hour responsibility and accountability for clinical operations and fiscal management of emergency department operations (adult and pediatrics), off-site emergency sites and observation units including the planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating the delivery of care for safety, effectiveness and cost containment as outlined in the department policies and procedures. The director is responsible to ensure the departments maintain legal, professional and regulatory compliance including but not limited to ensuring the affiliated systems, equipment, processes, policies and procedures are developed and maintained in accordance with all current federal, state, local standards, The Joint Commission, State of Florida, CMS and/or other regulatory agencies. The director is responsible for ensuring the provision of the highest quality nursing services, regardless of the age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race, religion or health problems of the client served. Works collaboratively with senior leadership, physicians, departmental leaders and other community providers and partners as assigned (i.e. local law enforcement, EMS, Emergency Management, Disaster Preparedness etc, Performs all duties and other projects as assigned in line with AHS, hospital and regulatory practices, policies and procedures.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Responsible for the institution of strategic initiatives to achieve goals and the daily management and operations of the emergency service line.
· Collaborates with administrative team and physicians to coordinate meetings and activities for the Division of Emergency Services.
· Collaborates closely with other clinical and nonclinical managers and directors.
· Defines, implements and manages methods to improve patient flow, turnaround times, and key performance indicators for emergency services, observation medicine, regional transfer center and patient flow metrics.
· Develops business plans for increasing market share and expansion of emergency service line and implements after approval of administrative team.
· Plans, organizes and coordinates the emergency service departments efficiently and effectively as measured by budgetary, productivity and performance improvement targets.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Master’s degree in Nursing or related field.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Minimum of five years’ emergency/critical care experience in a leadership role, including at least two years at the supervisory level (Clinical Manager equivalency or above).
· Current license of Registered Nurse in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement
· Current AHA BLS
· Completion of NIMS training courses for Healthcare within six months of hire (NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certification)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039395
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $57.888 - $86.833
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23039395
Job Family: Emergency Services
Shift: 1 - Day