AdventHealth ER Patient Access Service Rep PRN Variable Shift in Tampa, Florida
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
- Greets all customers (patients, guests, families, staff, physicians, vendors, etc) in a helpful and courteous manner while extending exemplary customer service.
- Registers Emergency service patients in a fast paced environment.
- Maintains knowledge of Inpatient and Outpatient Registration processes.
- Meets or exceeds accuracy standard goal determined by Patient Access Leadership.
- Ensures integrity of patient accounts by working RQi daily, entering accurate data, and documenting all attempts made to collect and/or obtain missing documentation.
- Meets or exceeds upfront collection standard goal to protect financial standing of AdventHealth.
- Completes registration at patient’s bed side, after physician has assessed patient’s clinical needs for a thorough financial assessment, ensuring patients have been educated on Emergency Department benefits and financial responsibility to hospital, documenting all attempts accordingly.
- Meets scheduling demands, attendance requirements, and maintains schedule flexibilities required of Emergency Department.
- Proactively and constantly seeks out patient accounts at bed side within assigned registration area for timely account follow up and completion, minimizing amount of turnover to next shift.
- Ensures patient demographics and account information is appropriate for patient account as directed by Patient Access Leadership. .
- Accountable for maintaining a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary and Patient Access departments, aiding in meeting 100 % discharge interviewing goal set by department. Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations by verifying pertinent information to determine caller or visitor authorization level before releasing account information.
- Basic computer skills.
- Proficient in using multiple computer applications interchangeably.
- Communicates professionally with an acceptable use of English and spelling.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Works independently in most situations while multitasking.
- Capable of working with people of various diverse backgrounds.
- Customer service skills.
- Typing skills equal to or greater than 27 words per minute net.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Cerner, Registration screens
- Medical Terminology
- Successful completion of Florida Hospital Registration Training class (training will be provided post-hire, if not previously completed).
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior Collections Experience preferred
Under supervision, registers Emergency service patients in a fast paced environment. Meets or exceeds accuracy and upfront collection standard goals monthly. Completes registration at patient’s bed side, ensuring patients have been educated on Emergency Department benefits and financial responsibility to hospital, documenting all attempts accordingly. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.