AdventHealth FT-Cancer Accreditation Specialist/Manager in Tampa, Florida
Cancer Accreditation Specialist/Manager AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Work Hours/Shift: FT
* GENERAL SUMMARY:*
The Cancer Accreditation Manager is responsible for directing the accreditation programs across the West Florida Didiviona Division (WFD) in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations. Provides leadership and direct oversight for cancer accreditations and program development. The manager facilitates development of standardized approaches to creating performance improvement plans, defining appropriate aims and measures, analyzing and interpreting data, and managing change. The manager leads teams across the division in performance improvement and change management methods. Responsible for implementing solutions and develops appropriate methods to monitor and control the implementation of change to meet accreditation standards.
Directs the activities required to meet national and specialty cancer accreditation standards, in collaboration with the Executive Director Oncology Service Line WFD.Responsible for leading the divisional accreditation surveys and ensuring the Cancer Committee’s adheres to regulatory standards, as required by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS). Serves as content expert on all cancer registry and accreditation guidelines by researching and implementing best-practices to improve performance and patient outcomes.
* PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES* :
Scope of Responsibility
- Responsible for providingstrategic direction to the WFD cancer committees, in collaboration with cancer committee program chairs and leadership, to assure continued accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC). Responsible for leading accreditation process and formulating action plans to address deficiencies in partnership with Executive Director Oncology Service Line and physician leaders across the WFD.
- Oversees specialty accreditations for the WFD such as but not limited to: National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), American College of Radiology (ACR), American Society of Clinical Oncology-Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (ASCO-QOPI), National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer (NAPRC). Responsible for leading interdisciplinary team in the development of clinical programs to meet accreditation requirements.
- Responsible for serving as content expert for cancer accreditation and registries across the WFD. Provides the cancer programs and operational leadership with best practice recommendations. Responsible for maintaining knowledge of current trends and practice by attending national conferences, continuing education programs and review of current literature.
- Responsible for achievingcontinued accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC). Leads accreditation process and formulates action plans to address deficiencies in partnership with the oncology leadership team and physician leaders.
Strategic Planning Responsibility:
- Researches upcoming changes related to quality, regulatory or accreditation requirements that relate to the cancer program and develop strategies to proactively meet new requirements.
Performance Improvement Responsibility:
- Leads the Cancer Committee’s to improve cancer registry and accreditation performance to improve patient outcomes.
* KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:*
- Ability to work in a complex matrix relationship
- Strong knowledge of project management and change management techninques
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with various disciplines that foster trust
- Advanced knowledge of clinical oncology practice, including diagnostic, treatment and outcomes management across all tumor sites
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Competency in personal leadership abilities
- Must be able to function independently with little or no supervision
- Effective communication skills with ability to communicate with physicians, leadership, and front line team members
- Ability to develop and mentor others to their optimum levels of skill and professionalism
- Leadership skills through timely, appropriate decisions and organizational ability with appropriate priority setting
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Access, and Excel
_ KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:_
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Visio)
- Advanced knowledge of cancer accreditation and registry guidelines
- Knowledge of state/federal regulatory agencies, accreditation standards and national society clinical guidelines
* EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:*
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare administration, Business or a related field OR
5 years operational experience managing comprehensive cancer program
_ EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :_
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare administration or a related field
_ LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:_
- Certification in a Performance Improvement methodology such as: Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, and/or Institute of Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Current, valid State of Florida license as Registered Nurse
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.